Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Fitchburg 04-26-2020-Early Ford V8 Club of New England Swapmeet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Robert J. Palmer, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    patmanta, tb33anda3rd, gonzo and 3 others like this.
  2. Miss going to that one. One of the best.

3. adam401

adam401

See you there Robert

Robert J. Palmer and TFoch like this.
  4. I'll put it on my calendar and see you guys there!

Robert J. Palmer likes this.

5. Sporty45

Sporty45

I'll most likely be there. Just so I can visit with your dad, Robert! :p

TFoch and Robert J. Palmer like this.
  6. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I'm in. Is it at the airport? What time should I get there? All the info I found was from last year. Hopefully being the 50th annual means it will be huge.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
    patmanta and TFoch like this.
  7. AVater

AVater
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Connecticut HAMB'ers

Planning on it! Thanks for sharing the date. Actually the “official” start of spring for me.

TFoch likes this.
  8. Yes at the airport, get there early.
    I try to be in line by 4:30 A.M. I always sell something waiting for the gates to open.

I you are buying get there as early as you can. The flyers say gates at 7:00 A.M. but as soon as the sun is up the gates open.

It's like a cavalry charge once the gates open to get to your spot.

Sorry I forgot you @AVater

patmanta and AVater like this.
  9. wheeldog57 likes this.
  10. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

one of the best swap meets ive been to , might have to go just for a walk around

11. gonzo

gonzo

12. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Wrong coast .:D Fitchburg , is that not where the Bouchard brothers were/are from? Ron had/has a car dealership I think .

13. 51box

51box
    from MA

My favorite swapmeet, gets the season started off and always find good stuff at Fitchburg.

14. will be there

TFoch likes this.
  15. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I was JUST wondering about this on the throne this morning... uncanny!

I haven't seen one yet but I haven't sold in a few years now. I'm planning to be there buying again this year.

I suppose I'm reaching a point where I don't NEED a lot of stuff but I'm still always on the lookout for 28/29 Model A PU stuff, particularly bed sections from folks who shortened their beds.

I'm also iso the above door and above header roof pieces for a 28/29 A Tudor for my buddy's car.

Otherwise I'm sure I'll find some pocketmoney to buy a bunch of "ooh, maybe I'll find a use for this unique/rare/odd" things, so don't be shy about loading up the trailer again @Robert J. Palmer !

Man, I always thought the early guys are kinda nuts, LOL, but if you're looking for something competitively, just about pre-dawn you should be almost there. I've set up there as the sun was rising and guys are already roaming the aisles. But, honestly, I just can't get out of bed, get my chorin done, get in the truck, and make the hour haul out there and beat 8am the past few years and I've still bought some neat stuff. I've made a few late day deals around packing up time too (11-12). A couple years ago I got an early Iron QC center around packing up time. I can't stand going home without a load!

Bring your truck. Bring cash. Bring a wagon.

It's a great event to coordinate parking lot buys and trades in advance too since folks come from far away and convene here.

http://clubs.hemmings.com/earlyfordv8newengland/

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Shutter Speed likes this.
  16. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

I'm thinking about getting a room near by so I won't have to drive in the morning. Waking up that early is hard enough. Probably should make reservations now.

patmanta likes this.
  17. Yes, and Ron's widow is the daughter the the great Steady Eddie Flamike.

Ron has one win in NASCAR Wnston cup at Talladega the winning is on display
    Funny story Ron's father was watching the race on T.V. something happened the video and sound went dead on the whole east coast just before Ron made the pass. Ron's father was so mad he kicked the screen out of the family T.V.!

He then called C.B.S. and raised holy hell with them over it, C.B.S. sent he a new T.V. with a plaque.
    My father and I went to the Ron Bouchard museum we talked to Paula Bouchard (Ron's Widow) and Ken Bouchard (Ron's brother) for several hours, The Saturday before the Swapmeet about 4 years ago.
    We asked about the T.V. Paula said it was in the showroom of Ron Bouchard Chevrolet of the longest time, but once it failed they threw it out. She said they wished they had it now.

Ron Bouchard museum Fithcburg Mass.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    ABONES and tb33anda3rd like this.
  18. Jeez, Pat that image is going to give nightmares for weeks!

I will do my best to bring a full trailer, the pickings have been a little slim this winter!
    Plus losing my wallet with half a paychecks worth of cash really hurt!

patmanta likes this.
  19. Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
  20. That's me in the I got Shit to do t shirt.

21. Hope to be there this year.

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.

patmanta likes this.
  22. So which one of you New England boys needs me to bring something over from the great western frontier (New York State)?

I wouldn't be Fitchburg if I did't courier something over.

23. Stephen Barrett

Stephen Barrett

You’re probably right about my brain going into overload because it will be my first time. The only problem is when I go I’ll broke. Got to pay Uncle Sam 10k on the April 15th. It will still be fun. Luckily I don’t really need anything. As long as I can get out of there without buying another project. lol.

24. Cliff Ramsdell

Cliff Ramsdell

I had a good time last year and got out of there without spending a bunch of cash.

Looking forward to it again, don’t know what I need till I see it, it’s on my calendar.

Cliff Ramsdell

25. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Thanks . I thought it was the same town . I am sure they would of been non pluses for getting rid of the tv. The story means so much more with the relic in hand .

26. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I remember Eddie Flemke racing . I forgot he was a relative.:oops:

27. 4ty

4ty

Bummer.............CSRA's is the same day at Compounce BUT this one's better ! !
    Paul in CT

The37Kid likes this.
  28. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

definetly the spring opener, great car show too. I'll be there.

pitman, Robert J. Palmer and TFoch like this.
  29. I plan on being there . Good to see friends and great selection of parts .

30. wheeldog57

wheeldog57