Register now to get rid of these ads!

First Friday Art Show of '04

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safariknut, Jan 2, 2004.

1. A happy holiday to all and hope everyone made it through safely.This is another variation on a design I've been working on for awhile.Nothing fancy;just 1-Shot white on smoke-gray Lexan.

2. and a teardrop skull

3. Guess you got the drop on everyone this Friday Ray.

Looks great - is that the bird you had for Thanksgiving?

Happy New Year,

Dennis

4. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Aww Hell, I guess I'll re- post this too...

Some chrome accessories I installed for one of my customers last week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Radshit

Radshit

Ooouch.....

6. jdubbya

jdubbya

Here is some striping on my sedan, goes to show ya that Kritz is pretty good not only with the tat's, but with brushes also!

Attached Files:

7. [ QUOTE ]

is that the bird you had for Thanksgiving?

Happy New Year,

Dennis

[/ QUOTE ]

And a happy one to you also Dennis.Understand you're heading west in awhile;hope you have a great time.Weather out here is great;53 today but it's raining now and supposed to turn colder next week.Still haven't seen any snow to speak of but understand you've been luckier in that department [​IMG]TTYL
    Ray

8. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Yeah, Kritz striped my little girl's guitar for X-mas. I'll be posting pics of that tomorrow. Not to shabby for a GAY MICHIGAN BITCH! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. jdubbya

jdubbya

I restored this old pump for my Dad sometime back, turned out pretty cool for some half assed body work, and some rattle cans. ( got a new digital camera the other day so I am using the hell out of it)

Attached Files:

10. heres some of my airbrush work

Attached Files:

11. airbrushed

Attached Files:

12. airbrushed & brushed

Attached Files:

13. Anderson

Anderson

My latest two models. The A roadster was started and finished in one day, it felt good to finish one within a reasonable ammount of time (as opposed to months!). The Merc overall was done in a week. I left the putty around the pillars a little unfinished to look in-progress. I've since painted flames on the hood and fenders, a bit of practice for a replica of a HAMBers car thats in the works.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Merc's not quite finished, almost...

[​IMG]
    Everyone's gonna get thirsty at the show, right? Gotta be prepared:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. autocol

autocol

100MPH!!! welcome to the art show! i've never seen your stuff before but it's bloody good mate! that '32 looks killer...

keep postin'!

15. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Hi guys, great work as usual from you all. K&R I can relate to the model thing, I have quite a few long term projects! Anyhow here is a few 'who dakys'for this week! [​IMG] [ [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> Since the mention of long term model projects.....
    I bought this in 90.... </font>

Attached Files:

17. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> I started it last month.... </font>

Attached Files:

18. Radshit

Radshit

Look at the price of that ....I think I'm about to faint......I remember those days.

19. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> Shh.. I paid $5 for it, notice it is missing the top of the body panels. I need to make a new one or find one (yeah right). </font>

20. Umm... got a little bit. Not too much this time around... it's been cold and I haven't shot photos much. But I really should... get some cool shots of some cars in the rain and all. BUt here we go...

Attached Files:

21. And one more....

Attached Files:

22. rock and roll friends, here's to another great year...a little paint on the leather for Outlaw...

Attached Files:

23. everything looks great...

24. Hami ,that is GREAT! Dig the light blue for the chrome and the FlyRite lettering looks real nice, too! [​IMG]

25. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

HotRod to Hell.... how are they installed and stay in... Man no sex on a hard floor for her unless she likes the pain...

26. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

It's 2 diagonal piercings; the 2 balls on either side are connected. I put in .062 Teflon, which is REALLY flexible, so they should be quite comfortable (She's a gymnastics instructor!?! [​IMG]). Then the balls are threaded and cut their own threads on the teflon. Ta-Daa! [​IMG]

27. Lookin'GOOD!I see everyone's been busy this week.K&amp;R I really like the trunk detail on the Merc;almost makes you wanna get shrunk!100mph,great looking flames!I did a bike similarly this week and interweaving them can be a real chore.Kojack your photos are excellent as usual;I wish I could compose pics like that.Hami great job on a very difficult medium.Whodaky I really like #2 the best.One of the things I used to love to do was an asymmetrical design and make it appear balanced.Mirror-imaging can be a real challenge sometimes.And the colors work.
    Figured I'd throw a couple more in;one new one and a few shots of an older project.The first is a variation on a proposed business card idea I ultimately rejected.The others are pics of the rear seat of my Safari.One thing I found out while doing the seat:NEVER use Simple Green to clean upholstery prior to painting!Something in the residue will keep the paint from ever drying.First time I tried the seat was wetfor 5 days before I finally washed it off and cleaned it with wax and grease remover and glass cleaner.
    Hope you enjoy.
    Ray

28. Interior of the Safari.First the center and then the two sides.

29. and the other side