Register now to get rid of these ads!

History first car to have hydraulic suspension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jcmarz, Jan 23, 2010.

1. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I just bought the new "Hot Rod Deluxe" magazine and on page 76, there are some photos of a 50 Chevy Fleetline taken back in 1967. Now, one of the captions reads as follows: "Ganahl (Pat) suspects this is one of the earliest cars to feature hydraulic suspension, a forecast of many lowriders to come."
    As I recall, there was a article in "Rod and Custom", 10 to 15 years ago about a 56 Corvette called the X-Sonic that was customize in various stages from new to about 1959 or 60. Anyways, the article stated that it was the first car to have a hydraulic suspension, which was operated manually. The article also stated that it was one of the first customs to have a bubble top.
    With all of these claims of being "first" got me to wondering, who really did setup the first hydraulic suspension:confused:
    Shalom

2. Captain Freedom

Captain Freedom
    from Upstate SC

I remember reading about that vette.
    From my understaning it was the first with an adjustable suspension, made from Port-A-Power jacks :)

3. BISHOP

BISHOP

X-Sonic was the first.

4. I partout chevys!!

I partout chevys!!