Register now to get rid of these ads!

Firestone slicks with radial fronts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Norris McCarty, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Norris McCarty

Norris McCarty

Can anyone tell me how well the Firestone cheater slicks perform on the street. I have a chopped 56 Ford F1 and considering using the WWW Firestone slicks (10.00x15) with 165X15 radials on the front. I know that mixing bias plys with radials is usually not recomended, but wondered if anyone has tried this type combination.

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

it will handle as good as you want it to look.

3. I had that exact combination and I can tell you it behaves normally most of the time but every once in while you'll go over something in the road and the car feels like it's briefly being controlled by aliens. Mostly ruts or some patches or some uneveness caused it. Then it all goes back to normal.

I didn't like the looks of the firestones or that handling deal and purchased Hursts on Radial casings and the thing drives like a Cadirac now.

4. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

I drive with cheaters and 205/15 no worries. Mite be a little unpleasant when the road groove are bad (from trucks) but not too bad.

Attached Files:

5. Norris McCarty

Norris McCarty

Anyone in the HAMB Alliance sell Hurst tires?

6. grovedawg

grovedawg
    from Heber, UT

I've thought about converting to the Hurst radials as well. Right now I'm putting bias Firestones on all four corners, but am very tempted to make the switch when the time comes. I'm interested in what other might add.

7. Yes - the "Hurst" folks are Alliance Members. Look in the Alliance Vendors list. His name is Hotrodrubber if I recall correctly or Cody is his real name. He is on here all the time.

8. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I run radials on front and Rader cheater slicks on back. No problems on city streets or highways, but when the ground is wet, it gets slippery out back.

9. Hell ya !!!!!!!!!!!!