Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs finishing off my 38 chevee project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nunattax, Aug 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. nunattax

nunattax

window glass rubbers arrived.seemed like quality rubbers from classy chevy .pulled the drivers door and filled the bottom door skin seam with tiger seal seam sealer.excellent stuff.used some masking tape to keep the drainage open either side.the two screw threads to hold the door panel in the lockrail were in poor condition.drilled and tapped 2 aluminum blocks and araldited in situ.no welding no burnt paint.the 3 middle threads in the bottom of the door cill are stripped.so they will get the aluminum block treatment tomorrow.nearly there with the door repairs for now..purchased 2 door latches with the helper springs.i had the springs seperate but couldnt find information on how to fit the springs i have attached picture of the spring in case anyone is in the same predicament.second pic shows the reinforcment and the threaded blocks in the lockrail hedge and drivers door 005.JPG hedge and drivers door 007.JPG

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    Leakie, tb33anda3rd, j hansen and 2 others like this.
  2. nunattax

nunattax

had a close call last week.while walking under the back of the truck i discovered some loose bolts on the leaf spring.rubbers were gone.got some suitable rubbers cut for the job.drilled the heads of the mounting bolts and lockwired them this time around.had a little refresh on utube.took no chances and loctited them as well.something id been meaning to do with a while.done now!

tb33anda3rd, Leakie and j hansen like this.
  3. nunattax

nunattax

hi keith27T .

keith27T likes this.
  4. Nicholas Coe

Nicholas Coe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tontitown

5. nunattax

nunattax

hi nick ,not a whole lot going on!its over the pit for maintainance.replacing the wheel bearings ,dont have too much mind for it.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  6. Nicholas Coe

Nicholas Coe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tontitown

I understand. Keep up the good work. It is looking great!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

nunattax likes this.
  7. nunattax

nunattax

replacing the wheel bearings is the perfect oppertunity to replace the old rotors with new ones.old are pitted and worn down by 2.6mm compared to the new ones. most of the wear is on the inside of the old rotor on the drivers side .

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  8. Wayne67vert

Wayne67vert

Check to make sure the caliper slide is lubricated.

Nicholas Coe and nunattax like this.
  9. nunattax

nunattax

thanx wayne they are 4 pot and i replaced the originals years ago rotors are original id say with high miles.rear end is 50 years old .

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    Nicholas Coe likes this.