Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally Qualified to Be Here!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Blacktop-Ranger, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Hey guys. Long time reader here. Name is DaltonRichards. I am the editor of Blacktopranger.com an enthusiast site that I pretend is a functioning business. I am a classic car legacy child. I have a 64 Cadillac DeVille and 1955 Ford Mainline Police car. Looking to get to know y'all better!

2. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

Hi Dalton,

I like your taste in cars! My first car back in the '80s was a '64 Cadillac. Very nice car, quite a plain one with no A/C cruise control etc. which suited me just fine.

The 429 engine with the Turbo 400 trans is a great powertrain.

3. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Welcome from Indiana. Where ya from? How bout some pics of that police car? Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

5. Yea I have the flyaway trans which is a bit of an oddball but I enjoy it. just finished the rebuild on the 429

6. Beanscoot

Beanscoot

I also had a '63, with the old style transmission which I didn't like so much. It may have been called a "Jet-away" or similar, a four speed I think. But it had a "fluid coupling" instead of a torque convertor. The torque convertor gives torque multiplication so much better acceleration from a stop.
    I gave or sold the '63 to my brother who got rid of the car when the trans gave out, as it was just too much to rebuild it.

I guess the change to TH400 was midyear 1964?