Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Finally Got My Truck Home

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by dart4forte, Jun 29, 2021.

1. gene-koning

gene-koning

jnaki, This Dodge truck pictured is a 39 - 47 model. It was the body style before the one the OP posted. I loved this body style, but after I built one, I discovered they are a bit small for us large tall guys. The 39-47 cab was used as the US military truck cab up until the end of the 68 military model year, lots of stuff is available for these trucks as well.

I really like the shape of the Dodge truck's different series up through the 64 model year, then they were sort of OK. The late 50s (after 53) Dodge trucks are very hard to find, and even less parts are available for them. Gene

jnaki likes this.
  2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Even the Jack rabbits pack canteens and a lunch pack between Jackpot and Vegas. Can't blame you for not going down 97 right now though.
    I'd say that going through Salt Lake is a lot smoother run pulling a trailer than down through Jackpot all the way on two lanes anyhow. Plus probably a few hours faster with the trailer. Yakima to Mesa.png

3. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

I saw the photo of the truck and could not identify it. I just assumed it must be a Dodge ;)

4. dart4forte

dart4forte
    from Mesa, AZ

That it be

5. dart4forte

dart4forte
    from Mesa, AZ