Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally got my "A" pickup home

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nailhead dodge roadster, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Well i finally brought home my new 1931 model A pickup. 1st thing I did was pull the hood off. No real reason for it, I just felt the need to show off the original banger.
    I'll post more pictures as I take them.

Attached Files:

2. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Hell Yeah Man, I can dig that!

Nick.

3. roll_low

roll_low
    from Rigby, Id

That is killer man!! Whats the plans? Just driving as is would be sweet!

4. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

As much as I love hot rod pickups, running that thing with a hopped up banger and some minor touches would be sweet.

5. Hopped up banger is the plan....its already dropped a couple of inches but still uses the mechanical brakes. After a little adjustment they'll work fine for now, just need to plan my stops a little ahead of time. It is just what i've been looking for, a mostly original truck that hasn't been beat to death that I can jump in and drive around town if I feel like.

6. That is a honey!

7. kerwinq

kerwinq
    from Boise, id

8. I did learn today...that if you don't turn the gas on, you'll make to the exact middle of a major interection before you finally run out of gas in the bowl.

9. Fedman

Fedman

That's a good lesson to learn, hopefully nothing worse than a little bruised pride and the truck is O.K.
    Did it start back up quickly?

Oh, the Truck is really bitchin too.
    Great Score.

10. this old thing fires off as soon as you touch the starter button, and the gravety feed fuel bowl fills up real quick.

11. skoh73

skoh73

What a gem!

12. RGG

RGG

Nice! Looking forward to the updates.

RGG

13. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Congrats! My buddy Walt is building a hotrod model A pickup. Very cool...

14. 29ToyA

29ToyA

Cool!
    I too just got my Model A back home.

I would ,ike to see more pictures!

15. More pictures coming tomorrow, spent all day doing a shake down run around town. Didn't find anything but some brakes out of adjustment, a very slight oil leak from the timing cover and a couple little drips of fuel from the carb bowl gasket.....all easy to fix.

16. Thats perfect.
    Same colour as mine, the green is a shade darker. Wish mine looked that good.

17. The color is a little off in that picture....just a crappy cell phone picture. Here are a few more from the PO's add. Shows it a little better.

Attached Files:

18. very cool car! leave it just like it is