Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally going to the shop and CA DMV questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigdaddylove, Aug 23, 2012.

1. bigdaddylove

bigdaddylove

Well, after a little work, a bit of money and a lot of time, my '53 is ready to go to the shop that will install the disc conversion kit, dual master cylinder, all new rear brakes and a new tie rod for the front. Once done, she'll go, stop and steer!

I let my registration lapse; last registered in 1995 or 1996 when my parents still owned it. Since it has been out of the system for more than 7 years, I will have to take the truck to the CHP for them to verify the VIN. I assume they will check under the truck in the usual spot. After that, I can register it with CA DMV. Here are my questions:

1. What do I need to do to be able to use the original black and yellow CA commercial license plate it had had all its life?

2. What kind of penalty, if any, (family transfer due to death) am I looking at?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BDL

2. Do a search on here and you will find all the answers you need, been hashed to death on here.