Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally driveable and presentable

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dan sutton, Feb 17, 2011.

1. how'd you lower this fine lookin truck?

2. lorodz

lorodz

[​IMG]

love this look ..only thing i would do is run 2 peices od wood on each side a tad bit higher ..love stake beds and the logo looks awsome ..congrats

3. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

4. hasty

hasty

5. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Nice ride...I really like the two tone primer...
    Way cool...
    Enjoy it now...

6. cakes

cakes

looks great man, I love the mobil gas door art, it should be permanent

7. dan sutton

dan sutton

Rusty
    I put a dropped axle from Sid in it. It rides pretty decent, although with bias tires and original springs and steering box it has the old school "wander" a bit. Tolerable. May switch to radials some day.
    Cakes
    I am looking for a painter for the signage! I am also looking at other designs.

8. TMSTransport

TMSTransport

Came a long way in a short time.....

9. dan sutton

dan sutton

Wow did not realize long it had been since I last posted on here. Been driving the truck almost daily since changing out the engine and front suspension for a 283 and MII last Jan. Still have the T5, Coker classic bias, 10 bolt , but changed out the mc for a boosted dual, running an electric pump, and all new wiring from Easy Wire. Tow a vintage camper occasionally , and the 283 likes it alot better than the original 6. Recently pulled the leaking heater and replaced with a heat/cool unit form Old Air Prod. Added a third brake light and turn signals for those cell phone users, and have a replacement set of original gauges to replace the wore out stock ones. The third row Astro van seat still resides, although I think the foam they used in it was not designed for daily use from a 270 pounder, so rebuilding and recovering it are in order. Still running the T5 but with knee and lower back issues , and as cramped as the old trucks are may eventually swap it for a*700 R4. Also still running the original leaf springs in the back with blocks, and may swap out for newer springs or 4link...just thinkin.*

10. dan sutton

dan sutton

Oh yeah, painted a Texaco logo on the doors, a visor, and had the One Arm Bandit add some lines at a show last summer to the fenders, tailgate and dash. Still haven't tackled any body work as of yet...maybe someday. Or maybe not.
    Here it is in present dress with my vintage Metzendorf in tow

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  11. dan sutton

dan sutton

Here it is at the 2011 Hunnert car pile up with the same camper

Attached Files:

12. RUSTALOT

RUSTALOT
    from GA.

Truck looks great!!