Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Final Show *Carl Caspers Custom Auto Show*, Feb.2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Jan 7, 2017.

1. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

2. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

Low Rider Hopping Nationals--- what is the world coming to

3. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Hmm, Any interest here???o_O

4. Ft.ValloniaStreaker

Ft.ValloniaStreaker

As a teenage boy standing in line to meet Daisy Duke, I was very interested!!!! Remember the battle of the bands? WAKY giveaways? We were just talking about Carl Caspers on the way to the super Sunday swap meet in Indy today, something for everyone. It will be missed!

low budget likes this.

5. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Yep, I saw her there too,:D Havent been as much in recent years but I intend to try and go to this last one, Im betting it will be pretty good and it will give me bragging rights in years to come to say, yeah, I went to the last one.:cool:

6. Being the last one, yes I'm goin. Carl's writing a book about the show's history. I was able to contribute some pictures I had, some dating back to '65. Looking forward to it.

stillrunners and low budget like this.
  7. Gman0046

Gman0046

Thank God this is the last Carl Casper show in Louisville as it has morphed into anything but a car show. I haven't gone to it in many years. Hopping low rider nationals, booming sound system contests, wrestlers and soap opera stars are now what was once a car show.

Gary

timwhit likes this.
  8. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

Why is it the last one? Are they losing money? How old is Carl these days?

9. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Sorry dont know the details, It admittedly maybe isnt what it use to be, I guess because people and times change.
    Got to give respect tho cause it was a great thing for many years and helped to inspire the imagination of many of us and maybe even helped in creating the foundation of some of our interest in this hobby altogether.

stillrunners likes this.
  10. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I hate it when the big events of our lives die out !

low budget likes this.
  11. I will be attending the show assisting Shane Syx with the pinstriper's panel jam and charity auction. After holding his show since 1963 I think Carl deserves a break.
    Say what you will about the car hopping competition and such ,you cannot deny Carl's impact on the the custom car,hot rod,AND drag racing scene. I don't know if people are aware that he campaigned a top fuel car successfully for many years in addition to building some pretty wild show cars. And as a person I don't think I've ever met a person who is more likeable and humble than Carl.
    So if you decide to stop by for the final show swing by the pinstriper's booth and say hello and more importantly buy some art at the auctions. See ya there!

stillrunners and low budget like this.
  12. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

I am sure I am the only one on the HAMB that does not know where this show is held. Can't seem to find it in the ad panel. Anybody know?

13. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

It's at the fairgrounds in Louisville, KY...

low budget likes this.
  14. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

15. ironrodder

ironrodder

Used to be several "Carl Casper" shows back in the day. Grew up on the one at Hara Arena in Trotwood Ohio

low budget likes this.
  16. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Tomorrow and Sunday