Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Field Cars.... NOT Barn Finds!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Yeah man, a tri-tone '55 Custom Royal Lancer hardtop with the Super Red Ram (aka 270ci 4-barrel dual exhaust Dodge Hemi) is a badass car! One of the best. There is a local wrecking yard that has about 20 '55-56 Dodges and Plymouths that could be used to restore that one. It absolutely deserves to be saved!

That sweetheart dip on the '55s just looks so good. This is a completely stock car, lowered, with '56 caps. Done! 9926248216_3ff5d52430_b.jpg

2. @Gotgas gotcha, when the old man was alive a couple years ago $3500.00 would but it, but the title was lost. He has since passed and I'm not sure if it it's still there or not. I have some other pics from his place, I'll post them later beings they are all cars sitting in fields haha

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. This is a great thread!!!! In this hobby/ obsession there is nothing better then seeing these cars back on the road.

4. This is a great thread!!!! In this hobby/ obsession there is nothing better then seeing these cars back on the road.

5. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

6. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. DAMN....another neopolitan shaded '55 like my old one. I sure do miss it. Picture 998.jpg

8. 2manycars2littletime

2manycars2littletime
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First view of my Caballero...
    It had been sitting in the "back 40" of a Buick lover's yard near Santa Fe, New Mexico

[​IMG]

Been working on it for two and a half years.
    Today it looks like this:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many months to go...

9. Nail head and all very nice!!!!!!

10. The first of three bodies I went through. Each one progressively better. 1927 T - tub._0001_NEW.jpg 27 T hot tubbin it.jpg The end result.

11. My 55 before and after. 55 Delray as found_NEW.jpg Our cars_0004_NEW.jpg

12. grumpy32

grumpy32
    from Australia

This is my first hot rod, definitely a Field car... It had sat out in nature for untold years. I got it home with the help of my Dad, it was nearly 4 hrs away in a little outback town, in Feb '77 still at high school and "finished" it during '84.

Feb 1977..jpg 35 Chev just got rego 84.jpg

13. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

Bought this 29 Plymouth sedan 12 years ago for $400 and built in into a truck. Sold it to a guy in Chicago who did nothing and someone broke into his garage and stole the Whippet grill shell. He got a divorce and had an auction and I bought it back 3 years ago and changed some things and now have it on the road again 29plyfirstime (1).JPG 29plyfirstime (5).JPG truckinyard (2).JPG 29truck (3).JPG truckinyard (11).JPG truckinyard (10).JPG

14. grumpy32

grumpy32
    from Australia

That's a good lookin truck.. and a bit of good luck to get it back...

Sent from my SM-G920I using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

biggeorge likes this.
  15. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

grumpy32 likes this.
  16. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

biggeorge likes this.
  17. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

IMG_20151205_080417392 (Small).jpg IMG_20151205_080426748 (Small).jpg IMG_20151205_080439437 (Small).jpg

My 1937 Dodge ME-32 as found...

18. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

IMG_20151205_080526662 (Small).jpg

My Yellow 1936 1.5 Ton as found, I bought 1/2 of the truck. The owner needed pieces from the yellow truck to put onto the blue truck.

19. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

IMG_20160514_165849078 (Small).jpg IMG_20160514_165856493 (Small).jpg IMG_20160514_185815547_HDR (Small).jpg IMG_20160514_185800878_HDR (Small).jpg

I bought this 1937 Dodge in Idaho. I needed it to complete my 1938 Plymouth Truck.

20. My A bone probably counts as a field find. I didn't find it but I ended up with it. Road worthy? Well that remains to be seen but I am working toward that goal. Purdy is probably never gonna happen but I think I can make it ride and drive.

Stogy and triman62 like this.
  21. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

When I stop buying parts and begin the assembly, I will begin some topics regarding these builds.

22. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

My goal is to get them together first, then make them pretty! I have saved everything I found. But this time around, I will focus more on the looks. I have built many pretty cars for "others" and now it is my turn!
    Rock on Porknbeaner, anyone that saves a cool old car or truck from the crusher is a hero to me no matter how it turns out! ;)

23. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

My 33 was in a Ravine in Northern Nevada six pics 005.jpg six pics 002 (1280x1024).jpg I changed the body into a Vicky Convertible Sedan

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  24. If you knew me you would know that my cars nearly always function better then they look and like you have built or helped build quite a few really nice cars (even show winners) for other people. We'll see where we land with it.

It looked like this when I brought it home:

front pass three quarter.jpg
    and it looks like this now. Not much progress:

front.jpeg

I did get grill shell and fenders and I am damned happy to own it.

Oh you can call me Beaner if you like everyone else does. Its actually a little ironic the Mexican part of my family calls me Frijolin and they mostly know nothing of the HAMB.

@steel rebel Them's funny rocker covers on that hemi, is they Hildebrants or sumpthin?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  25. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

If a flathead is considered a Hemi, then I better get rid of mine and get one like yours! Muhahahaha!

Show him this pic: IMG_20170225_164932352.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71, triman62 and biggeorge like this.
  26. LOL its an inside joke. When I was little my dad took me to a car show at the Cow Palace. Mr Roth (a family friend) came and scooped me up and convinced me to go ask this guy about the hemi in his hotrod. So I did and the guy told me all about it. When I came back Mr Roth asked me what the guy said, and I said, "But Mr Roth that a flathead isn't it?" he said, "Yes it is, always build your own cars kid that way you'll know what you got."

27. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

1932 American Austin panel truck, before and after
    my32-panel-before-after.jpg

28. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Oh that is too funny! One day I was at a car show and a guy was asking me about a Hemi Muscle car in the show. After we talked, he scratched his head and said to me how I know so much about it. He said that the owner of the car cut the conversation short and walked away. I told him well... That's mostly because he paid me to build it for him. The guy that I was talking to was Mr. Tony McCune . I dragged him over to my car and he said to me "why haven't you done such a nice job on your car?" I told him that is was quite simple actually. The previous 2 vehicles that I did all out were stolen from me and I kinda figured why not leave the outside looking like crap.... If you were to take a closer look, you can see that my suspension and drivelines are pristine and top notch. He shook my hand, smiled and went about his way.

For years I have always thought why not have the sweetest candy with a ugly wrapper, then no one else wants it!

What did you do with the Nailhead that was in that car initially? Was is in poor condition? And what is the story on the Flathead car? I know that I bore most folks with my Chrysler crap, but I do and have built to more common stuff for folks. I have a strong attraction to Chrysler and Cadillac, but more so for the Mopars. In Southern California guys ask me if I secretly wear a dress and heels.... I can only imagine it's the only way that they can try to put down a Chrysler person. But I always tell them no, and ask them why? Do you think I am sexy or something? They tend to walk away quickly after that question is asked! LOL My wife tends to think it's hilarious!

29. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

WOW! That is super cool! I wonder if I could fit into something that small?

30. Hey your in there like swim wear now, if people think you secretly wear a dress and heals and you see a hot chick go in the bathroom with the new law you can follow her in. :D

That car belongs to @steel rebel I think its a '46 (maybe a 7) sedan.

That old nailhead was or is a 322 of unknown pedigree. My ol' man was a nailhead guy, they have never really been my favorite engine. It now resides in Kansas. I am building this car from a collection of pieces and my budget is pretty low. I already own a stout ( for the street stout) small block and a good transmission so the natural thing was for the nailhead to change owners. Of course that could change because I also own a really stout (race gas only stout) 394 and a B&M tranny of unknown pedigree. LOL

I have a racing buddy that has been making rumblings about using the 394 so I will probably follow my original plan and use the small block. :)

bowie likes this.