Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fidgiter 1 to 1 32 truck rear susp. Part 3

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hammeredabone, Jun 28, 2006.

1. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

Here's the rear crossmember, 4 link, Tony (owner) hung a rear tire to give you an idea on the setup. Everthing is tacked, I have a shitload of welding to do this weekend!

Attached Files:

2. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

more

Attached Files:

3. Now those are some MOTHER-EFFING frame kick ups! Pretty neat.

4. I just did a quick calculation here---assuming that top 4 bar link is 10" long, and is horizontal when the suspension is "at rest", then when the axle moves up (or down) 2 1/2", the axle is going to move foreward 5/16" from its normal position. Don't you think thats going to make it kinda squirelly to drive?

5. sodas38

sodas38

Hey, that tent makes it look like your on an episode or Trading Spaces or something......if thats the case what is the other family doing to your car? They sure are going to like theirs!! Great work so far.

6. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

A good point, we were talking about that last night, but I honestly don't think that axle will travel more than an inch to an inch and a half in either direction. That T spring and the short wheelbase should make for a stiff ride. That real low 29 rpu from San Diego (ranch run guy) had a similar setup with coilovers and no problems.
    I want to test this out tonite after securing the panhard bar. I might have to modify it to a 3 point link and double the lenght by modifying the rear most crossframe.