Register now to get rid of these ads!

FE Tripower

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RustyRedRam, Feb 17, 2005.

1. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

I've got a chance to pick up an FE tri power, manifold only, in pretty good shape. It's an Edelbrock. The guy is asking 200. I plan on turning it. I don't know much about FE's, so my question is this, is it worth it and if so, what would be a good turnaround price? Thanks,

RRR

2. old beet

old beet

I would stay away from anything but Factory Ford tri-power.........OLDBEET

3. BigChief

BigChief

OldBeet is right. The aftermarket stuff is a little soft for the FE's.....mainly because (with the exception of the Edlebrock F427, a couple exotic pieces from DOVE Engineering (ie Tunnel Wedge), and the new BlueThunder FE intake) the factory hi-performance manifolds flat out out-performed most the aftermarket intakes.

200 bucks is OK if your going to keep it and use it on one of your FE's but your going to be hard pressed to get much more for it, especially if you have to invest any time or money to clean it up.

-Bigchief.

4. I had one awhile back w rochester 348 carbs , it was hard sell,I agree 2bills is good for using it a bit much for a resell, unless you have 3 carbs to throw on it