Register now to get rid of these ads!

Favorite Wheelstanders???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jokerjason, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

3. Marcy

Marcy

Love the Hell on Wheels!
    Does anyone no what happened to it?
    For years it was on the roof of an army surplus yard on the 10 freeway in Tucson, then in the last year the whole surplus yard cleared out.

Marcy

4. hemi

hemi

I have to say that the Back-Up Pick-up is a very close second for me...

5. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

7. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  8. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

9. hemi

hemi

[​IMG]

I have one of these autographed by Cool Ritchie himself.

Check out this list:
    http://www.geocities.com/wheelstanding/wheelstander_car.txt

Of interest is the Wynnstander AMX, driven by Art Morrison.. he said he drove it, had a small "incident" that gave him a puck-n-roll seat and decided to build cars instead. :D

10. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

11. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

also, 1993, CHRR

[​IMG]

12. hemi

hemi

IF somebody was wise, they'd start a vintage wheelstander class, or organization. Current NHRA rules for wheelstanders and insurance problems have left the old survivors to collect dust.

Now they need to be center steer, with fire and safety stuff and updated front suspensions. To retrofit an old car to be legal would be to basically build a new one...

Those guys used to drive by the white line and go over 150mph without all that crap....

13. The original Hemi Underr Glass made an appearance @ Pocono Drag Lodge and took the PA announcer for a ride. Mondo was SPEECHLESS..................................... for a few seconds.

14. rodknocker

rodknocker

Found this cool pic while I was looking for a picture of my favorite, the "Chevy Rebellion"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  15. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

wow, thats cool, never seen it before

16. mj40's

mj40's

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  17. I KNOW! The late Bob Perry rolled it hard,the one you saw sittin on top of the containers was not a wheelstander but one of the "monster truck"race car crushers it was a REAL tank it was sold to a tank resto guy after Bobs death,Bob also built a vette but it went into hiding and I have not seen it in years

18. Bellypan =blowover @ 120mph!

19. Bob Riggle owned and drove the HHUG..........heres bills Bwagon,I owned it for years it ended up in the seattle area

Attached Files:

20. hemi

hemi

..and a generously ventilated front axle = boom upon landing. That thing is flat scary... the Hurst wheels are cool, though!

21. when I pulled the front axle outa the Berrywaggon we found over six places where it was welded up from cracks........serious,it had a crowerglide in it and ya cant feather one of those comin down and BLAM it hits hard/we went to an TH400

22. OldAbe

OldAbe
    from PDX

I grew up in the same small town that Ed "The Outlaw" Jones was based out of.

I think I was about twelve when my stepdad took me and a couple of cousins down to a deserted part of the old highway, where Ed had unloaded the Stagecoach and was tuning it.

I'll never forget standing 10 feet away from that thing when it reared up and took off.

WOW!

PS-- My first post. I'll go intro now.

23. How about this one,, HRP

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/63A9w8gZcLs" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  24. melsfine39

melsfine39

This is my friend Art's HOTWHEELS wheelie truck. Built much like the Little Red Wagon only it has a Dodge 440,Its fuel injected in the photos but he recently installed a 8-71 blower. He made it on PINKS and PINKS ALL OUTAKES at Milan Michigan, a short clip but excellent wheelstand!. Mel:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  25. That Vw is the first non-Dodge truck I've seen, hasn't anyone ever built a Falcon P.U.
    or a Chevy with a rat gnarling the tarmac?

26. hemi

hemi

27. monsterflake

monsterflake

hello, you can see the suicide king next month at the hamb drags!

28. monsterflake

monsterflake

29. shemp

shemp
    Alliance Vendor

30. W Scott

W Scott

The late Richard Schroeder had a number of very sweet `standers dating back to the 60's...Bad Bossa Nova, an AMC Javelin, Dualie Crewcab I think called "Emergency One" or something like that. The cool thing about Schroeder, sometimes recognized as "Wall-to-Wall" is that his announcing background helped add a whole different element to the races he did exhibitions at. I need to go dig up some pics from the archives.

One of my favorite stories about Schroeder was a late 70's Fox Hunt where he was announcing up her at Firebird in western Idaho just when streaking was taking hold across the country. After daring half the crowds to take it off, no less than three folks started running buck naked down the quartermile...two guys, one gal. Security made a weak effort to chase them from all on-lookers, but to no avail. All three scampered out into the sagebrush south of the track, a memory not many will forget that were there the day Schroeder influenced the daring trio to streak in spud country USA.

Scott