Register now to get rid of these ads!

Faux double overhead cam valve covers???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Too bad you ran that guy off. These may have been what he was looking for. The Wayne catalog is a 1955 edition, I have seen only one set of my dad's valve covers in a magazine.

I hate it when a good beastiality thread turns to politics.

2. Whoops - I'll try the attachment again. Won't work, too big.
    So sorry.

3. Donzie

Donzie

Thanks Tony, have a nice day.

4. Donzie

Donzie

[ QUOTE ]
    I believe the saying is, "Share a joint with a friend and he gets high for a while, teach that friend to grow marijuana and he gets high for a lifetime."

[/ QUOTE ]
    Actually I think that's ..."teach that friend to grow marijuana and he ends up in the joint." [​IMG]

5. 48_HEMI

48_HEMI

Oh Damn Tony's gone and I know the answer,
    those valve covers were sold by Gennie Shifters in the 80's (not quite trad) those and the shifters were built by a small machine in El Monte shop owned by Poncho Anaya my oldest friend. a young mexican that moved to Calif from Mexico in 1955 and had never ridden in a car till his uncle picked him up at the border in a brand new chevrolet and he worked two jobs and went to school and now still has every car he has ever owned except the first two which were both cad convertables a 49 and a 53
    those valve covers weighed in at about 15 pounds and you need to find the matching fake air cleaner that was equally ugly unless you wanted to put a small block in your Ferrari
    the eighties were times when people were still flashing back to the drugs of the 70's and the air wasn't really clear yet.
    I was still stuck in the 50's and never left so I missed most of the fads [​IMG]