Register now to get rid of these ads!

Faux double overhead cam valve covers???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Anyone remember the fake double overhead cam valve covers for the small block chevy years ago? Anyone know of a set for sale?

2. Gr8ballsofir

Gr8ballsofir

This should be fun...

3. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

When I did mine, I just took 4 SBC valve covers and split them down the middle lengthwise, then switched the halves and welded in an extra 1" strip in the middle which I cut "ARDUN" style spark plug holes into. I just plugged the holes with 4 breathers on each side. Sometimes when I accelerate hard some oil will come out and I'll have to keep wiping down my "Heaertbeat; or Built Chevy Tough with Chevy Stuff" logos that are on the valve covers.
    I was at a local cruise night and an old guy came up to me and got in my face about putting non functional, ugly, fake crap on my car, then told him that his mother was my pet raccoon, then he shoved me over a trash can and bent down and started dragging me around the parking lot, pulling on my leg! (Just like I'm pulling yours.)

4. ShortBus

ShortBus

Wanna buy a visor?

5. =mike=

=mike=

the SBC fake flathead covers are way cooler . I hear you can get a fake powerglide cover to disguise a turbo 350 , AND you can get a fake blower with 9 injected 2 barrels to hide the stock 4 bbl , AND AND AND you could get fake whitewalls , and dummy spots , and lake pipes , uh . . . and spray paint your bumpers silver because it will look like FAKE CHROME !

fake stuff is lame . sorry .

6. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green"> Sorry guys.

It's just TOO easy!

NEXT! </font>

7. how about some fake valve covers that make your SBC look like a hemi?

8. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

9. Fatchuk

Fatchuk

Did you get that warm fuzzy friendly feeling reading the answer to your question........this is a zero- tolerence board for those who dare to ask a question..........any wonder why so many people lurk......not in the in crowd....yah gotta "conform" to this boards way to be cool......Fatchuk

10. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

[ QUOTE ]
    Did you get that warm fuzzy friendly feeling reading the answer to your question........this is a zero- tolerence board for those who dare to ask a question..........any wonder why so many people lurk......not in the in crowd....yah gotta "conform" to this boards way to be cool......Fatchuk

[/ QUOTE ]
    You got it all wrong Fatchuk, questions are encouraged, just not dumb fuckin' questions....

11. How about an intro, and then the ask the question, and then ask how you could really convert a SBC into a DOHC motor, that would be a good topic. If you insist on wanting to put fake vavle covers on your motor why not just put one of those fiberglass mock up SBC things in your car.....Oh yeah welcome to the HAMB!

12. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">I had a momentary lapse in which I regretted that post.

So I deleted it.

Now I regret that.

Will it never end?

[ QUOTE ]
    any wonder why so many people lurk

[/ QUOTE ]

Some people need to remain lurkers.

Prime Example. </font>

13. Fatchuk

Fatchuk

I think you guys are a helluva bunch of good guys who share a lot of stuff back and forth ....cars,friendships,hardships, lots a kidding around and generally seem to be a cool bunch to keep up to date on whats happenin on the other side of the coast from us,,,,I just seen a (I'm guessin here) possibly a young guy who for what-ever his vision of why he asked a question about the covers.....get mobbed.......without makin a big deal about it ,,,,,,It just seemed down right unfriendly and un AMERICAN to me ....kinda the reason some of our friends and family are fighting a war in some other country.....for the right of free speech.....and the right to be treated with respect in differing in opinions.....I duuno I just kinda thought you guys really beat up the guy.....You can feed a man only one meal with a fish .......but you can feed him forever if you teach him to fish....anyway I think you all know what I mean...........

14. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    You can feed a man only one meal with a fish .......but you can feed him forever if you teach him to fish....anyway I think you all know what I mean...........

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="green">

I think this is the saying you were after...

GIVE a man a fish and he eats for one day.

TEACH a man to fish and he sits in a boat and drinks beer all day.

You're right, we're wrong.

We are BAD Americans.

Good thing we have you around to keep us straight.

Welcome to the HAMB.
    Thin skinned people need not apply. </font>

15. autocol

autocol

[ QUOTE ]
    un AMERICAN

[/ QUOTE ]

"i wanna move north and be a canadian or hang down low with the nice australians..."

anybody like NOFX?

16. Scribe

Scribe

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know... I don't normally respond to posts like this, but in this instance I'm going to make an exception. First of all, FATCHUCK, you haven't been here very long yourself, so you are in NO POSITION to be talking smack. Would you walk into the house of someone you just met and critisize the way they live? Of course not, its rude.

Second of all, the dipshit who writes his first post asking about fake valvecovers needs to learn a little respect. The reason people lurk a little while is to see how things are done. Post an intro, tell people what you do and what you drive, then ask all the questions you want. From what I've seen so far, this guy hasn't gotten anything CLOSE to a flaming compared to what used to go down when GERM was tearing people new assholes left and right.

As for pulling out that patriotic "un-american" our boys are fighting for you BULLSHIT, that's pretty low. I have friends in the service, and I can tell you FOR SURE that they aren't sweating their asses off in the damn desert where people take potshots at them every night to protect the rights of some DOUCHE BAG on a computer. This isn't a civil rights issue, and by making it one you're insulting. If ya like the HAMB, great... respect the way it works and enjoy the information. If not... GET THE HELL OUT.

I can't stand it when people get all whiney about the flag and the country when they don't get their way. If Washington or Jefferson were still around they'd bitch slap whiners like you.

17. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

the latest "cool" setup is to buy a set of "Rocket Oldsmobile" valve covers and slap'em on your sbc,i might have some spares,for you only $500.00 [​IMG]

18. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I'm puting small block Chevy valve covers on ALL my motors!

I think the old Dodge flat six, the Stude and all my Big Chevs will look bitchin' with a set of real honest to god SBC's on 'em!

Let's see a "how to" on puting them on a 392! (not the IH 392, they don't need improvement)

Paul

19. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

The reason everyone is jumping on his case is because this board is for Traditional yadda yadda.....get it. I am pretty sure that Fake DOHC SBC valve covers are NOT traditional in the least, nor would look good, or add have any positive effect on the performance of the car. That isn't even close to what the HAMB is about. If he was a youngin' how would he know that these tasteless valve covers were being produced "years ago," or whatever his post said?

20. Fastsporty

Fastsporty

You guy's are so predictable! Ha! So easily defensive. I'm am not saying its true, But what if this was a smart ass hamber under a false name put that post up just to sit back and watch your blood pressure rise? And even if it was a real ? Would it be cool to make a totally fake car? Just think about it, you make a fake car and step back and watch the show. The "Traditionalist" would sit there and freak, this post, a case in point and the idiots that didn't know better would be like "dude that guy put hemi heads on his sbc wow!" That sounds like somthing GERM(tm) would do just to fuck with people. And if the LORD OF HELLFIRE did it you guys would be laughing right along with him.
    There was a OT post about someone getting hassled while trying to surf at a new beach, guys jumping down his throat and threatning him. Everybody thought those guys were assholes for doing that. Well I guess the Hamb is the Point Dume of the hot rod community.
    If you don't like sombodys post;
    JUST IGNORE IT AND GO BACK OUT TO THE GARAGE AND BUILD SOMETHING

21. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Don Garlits is pushing fake hilborn injection that covers your Holley carb. (I WISH I was joking).

22. Terry

Terry

Although I am scared to admit it, I do remember them. They were black crinkle finsh with a valley down the middle and on the ends was two machined aluminium (sp?) round pieces. They were out and advertised in Street Rodder and various other mags about the same time Lil John was just getting started carveing up billet stuff.

As for hammering the poor guy about it, I don't see any difference in running a fake twin cam cover over running a fake Olds or 312 Y-block cover. Which seems to be becoming rather popular. And it was post no. 2

23. Fatchuk

Fatchuk

[ QUOTE ]
    You know... I don't normally respond to posts like this, but in this instance I'm going to make an exception. First of all, FATCHUCK, you haven't been here very long yourself, so you are in NO POSITION to be talking smack. Would you walk into the house of someone you just met and critisize the way they live? Of course not, its rude.

[/ QUOTE ]
    how long do I have to wait before I'm entitled to an opinion in your world,,,,This wasn't supposed to be a big deal just a friendly observation..I didn't notice a kazillion posts under your name and you felt the need to give me a lesson on hamb rules of acceptance....thanks I appreciate the friendly advice.... [​IMG]Fatchuk

24. Well, now I see what kind of people are at this board. What a bunch of smart-ass losers. Fuck you people. I just asked a question, an honest question, and get no answers, just juvenile remarks. Probably because no one on this board KNOWS THE ANSWER! Fuck you people. Did I say that already? Fuck you people.

25. I forgot --- go ahead and flame me. You're only entertaining each other now. The bookmark to this board is gone for me. I'm off to the other boards where a question is responded to by grown-ups. Fuck you people.

26. Paul

Paul
    Editor

27. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

<font color="green">My work here is done!

God bless those "other boards". </font>

28. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh! I am gunna follow him [​IMG] BRB.

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I believe the saying is, "Share a joint with a friend and he gets high for a while, teach that friend to grow marijuana and he gets high for a lifetime."

Tony Straight, you seem like a reasonable fellow, if you fuck off first then I'll fuck off right after you.