Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Fathers old 30's Ford, help?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by TIG84, Jun 4, 2017.

1. manyolcars

manyolcars

Traditional hotrods did not use 6 cyl Pontiac engines. Are you trying to rewrite history?

2. Good advice, all I did for my car was "rejuvinate" what was there, even though I didn't have to do paint, interior, suspension, running gear etc. (it was a complete working car that was simply parked) by the time I registered in my name, rebuilt transmission, rewired, new exhaust, tires, wheel bearings, seals, brakes, tune up, treat gas tank, clean & test radiator etc. I totalled up bills encroaching on 10 grand & I didn't even have to source many old parts or "build" it...

3. TIG84

TIG84
    from Georgia

Well if no one want's "rat" rods in this part of the forum point me in the right direction as there is definitely going to be some home made stuff going on, not so much due to style as budget. And it's going to get driven so it's going to need to be reasonable far as suspension travel, road clearance etc.

Okie Pete likes this.
  4. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think the guy asking the questions is wanting to use what his Dad gave him. Which I think is Kool . To me a Hot Rod is built out of what a person has on hand or can get cheaply with more horse power and better brakes . I know what is historical correct . I never told him not to go the traditional route . Not everyone has a large bankroll or a barn full of rebuild able flathead Ford V8's and LaSalle transmissions . I just had a 1957 312 Y-block rebuilt the price tag was not for the faint of heart , but I wanted the Y-block back in the car . I have the remains of a 29 Chevy roadster maybe some day I'll get started on it . It will have a 292 inline Chevy 6 with a T5 not traditional but cheap and fun. Maybe its the Okie Farmer genes in my DNA ;) look at my avatar. This being the traditional forum maybe he should move his questions to the HAMB general discussion side of things so some folks will feel better.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017