Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fastest you've ever been?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drewid, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Kaucher

Kaucher

Here's a pic with out all the tape on it. KK

Attached Files:

2. lehr

lehr

187 mph on a 1015cc turbocharged kawasaki running 28 pounds of boost,it had a lot of throttle left but not much road,passed my buddy on his bike he was going about 130 he said he felt like he was sitting still.damn i wish i still had that thing!

3. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

These stories are so fascinating, I don't have that much to offer by comparison (shocker!) Here goes, 105 in my`71 Torino on bias plys, 160 down the backstretch at Daytona in the right seat of a Richard Petty car (felt like a walk in the park, but Daytona felt like a short track at that speed)but the absolute wildest ride I've ever had is 100+ on Lake Tarpon in the brother in laws psyco boat. I was'nt driving and I had no idea where the "edge" was but we were litterally flying much of the time.That got my attention.

4. Cword

Cword

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    You guys are getting close. I'll save a spot in impound for you in August.

[/ QUOTE ]

That one made my day. [​IMG]
    See ya on the salt Dan. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Made my day too, I had to call dad and Ted to tell 'em about it.

Thanks Dan

mike

5. [ QUOTE ]
    That is one of the best stories ever.

That made my day.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, repoguy. I don't often think about that afternoon, but when I do, I always laugh. [​IMG]

6. Roothawg

Roothawg

[ QUOTE ]
    57MPH on a Tandem Mountain Bike (2 seater, I was steering)in the middle of the Chequamegon 50 miler on a gravel logging road. Drifted from the inside to the outside before using the windrowed gravel as a "berm" to keep us from kissing a tree.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Tman, I had our tandem up to 54.......

7. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

Had a 80 chev malibu with a healthy smallblock, 2:41 gears, lowered a bit, mathmaticly with a 26 inch tire we were 144mph at 4grand... Powered out, woulent go any harder. no more Horsepower. haha

On a friends 2002 Yamaha r1, full akaprovic system, airbox, power programmer, 190hp Dyno proven RWHP on a 350pound motorcycle, i looked down and the Speedo was blin king 179mph... i dont know how accurate they are at that speed, but it was scary as hell. and it still had 3-4 grand left on the tac...

8. 12packo94s

12packo94s

suzuki gsx600 with nitrous.......i was scared to look down at the speedo

9. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

I learned when the windshield/fairing starts pressing on your knuckles instead of being 3 inches in front of them it's probably a good idea to ease off a bit. I took that fairing off the bike and never ran another one. Also never turn your head to look behind you at speed with a full face helmet. It'll snap your neck pretty bad when the wind gets at it. Lucky for me the strap broke before my neck did when the helmet blew off. Bubble shields are also a no-no at anything over 100mph also for the same reason.

10. cherry*valance

cherry*valance
    from okie-land

i prefer the stories that go along with the speed cause anyone can go fast - it's what's going on at the time that makes it more fun.
    i think the stupidest race i've ever been in was against friends of mine in high school - we decided to race from my parent's house in mississippi (about 20miles south of memphis) through memphis all the way to sommerville tennessee. of course, we had to do it during rush hour instead of at night, 100+ the whole way. i don't know how we weren't killed (much less no tickets), but i'm never doin that shit again. (gotta say it was funny listening to my passenger scream for dear life half the way and then lean out the window flippin the bird at the other kids everytime we'd move ahead the rest of the way)

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The other thing I really liked about racing bikes was going through a corner at silly speeds (no idea how fast because real race bikes don't have speedos) with one knee skimming the pavement. I would guess that some of the big sweeping turns it was well over 100mph. It's a very cool feeling. Even more so in the rain, which is funny, bikes race in the rain, those NASCAR pussies pull in the pits...

12. YEs Root, I knew someone could relate. I forgot to metion the wet rainy conditions [​IMG] 92 or 3 I think.

13. marq

marq

170mph on a public highway on my unrestricted gsxr 750.gotta say i'll never do it again it was far too scary uphill on a bad roadsurface with another 1/8 throttle to go before the rev limiter cut in..........Marq

14. wes

wes
    from san diego

driving a buddies model T coupe, passed him in his girlfriends toyota like it was standing still and he said he was doing almost 100

15. axle

axle
    from Drag City

on the street 170 in a 1970 plymouth superbird - 440 six pack,pistol grip 4 speed,dana rear with 2.90 gears.

16. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

140 in a 94 ford p71. 120+ in my 55 f100 (never again) 120+ im my 71 buick

17. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

When I was a little kid, I watched from the back seat as Daddy opened up the 57 Mercury to 120 every Sunday on the way to Grandpas house. Does that count? Mama bitched about it every time

18. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

these posts make me feel lame, should use a different combination i suspect. went 8.50's 161 in stude roadster pickup drag car and 186 in a rear motored 555 bbc blown alcohol digger but never that fast in a street trrimmed car like you guys , man i need to rethink my power plant i suspect.

Attached Files:

19. 53chieftian

53chieftian

did a tick shy of 140 in a 77 trans am with a 455 once. window down, arm on the door and a cig in my mouth. Beat the other guy..... barely! That was on the street too!

20. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

well with the modifications i've done to my '84 delta, i went 132 (this is with the 2.41 rear, 27" tires and an engine speed of 38-3900rpm.) that's with the stock transmission, which has since blown up. it's been replaced with a performance built trans and 2000 stall converter plus the carb and ignition mods i've done, i figure i could hit 150 if i had tires that'd take it:p also went around 165 on my old suzuki gs700e. the speedo topped out at 140 but it hit that at the bottom of 5th and i made it to about 6500 rpm running with a BMW 900. only did that once...i don't think i ever broke 100 after that.

got rid of that bike the winter after that, it was too damn fast and rode too smooth with the adjustable air suspension to tell how fast you were going unless you blew by a car and looked at the speedo.

21. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

I was coming home from the Petit Jean Swap Meet in Arkansas when I floored my old Chrysler to see what it'd do. 66 convertible, top down with a 67 Mustang hood in the back seat. 117--worn out motor I guess.

I took a new company car--an Astro Van, dont remember the year but I do remember it was new--less than 500 miles. I held the pedal down til the speedo needle went out of sight, then reappeared in the next window!

I found a nice place in the road and opened up my 47 Mercury (with 383) . Somewhere around 100, I crossed a small bridge and a gust of wind or the change in road surface or SOMETHING made the car shift sideways about a foot!

22. OLDSKEWL61

OLDSKEWL61

1/4 MILE 134 IN MY gn flat out 165 in freinds carrera gt 2

23. Doug F.

Doug F.

My personal best is 135 MPH on two lane blacktop, near Casa Grande AZ, in a 1972 Pantera, in about 1980... two runs! The car at that speed was smooth quiet, and intoxicating. The car had a 5spd OD in it and had quite a few more MPH left in it. But I thought I had tempted fate enough for one night.

24. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

141 M.P.H. in the quarter mile

25. crackers

crackers

Not the fastest but one of my best rides 80 mph sideways in a dirt track,33 ford sidewacker
    aussie for flathead.

26. 180 in a 930 with a dail-a-boost. Customers car. It gave me the biggest wood. 150 on two wheels. I love speed for some sick reason and would never turn down a chance to go fast.

27. thats a yamaha........

28. Nik

Nik

Back in 94 I had a 750 Katana that took me to 140 mph or so on Hiway 55 between St. Louis and Springfield. I was laying down on the tank with my ankles up behind me resting on the turn signals wearing shorts, Hawaiian shirt and sun glasses, weaving thru traffic. I had to get rid of it when the speed didn't scare me anymore. Went back to riding Harleys and have been happy to putt putt along and just go fast on four wheels.

Nik

29. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

130ish on the highway in a 79 Datsun 210. (310 USA?)
    Optional 5.7 liter V8/swaybar delete version...on fat bias plies! LoL
    Not earth shattering but fun...;)

30. flynstone

flynstone

almost 60 in a stock model a roadster on the street mec brakes and all,been 140 in high tech car, still the a was much hairyer.............