Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fastest you've ever been?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Drewid, Nov 26, 2004.

1. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

240kph (150mph) on the Autobahn just east of Frankfurt, Germany in a rental Mercedes. It was still pulling but the governor kicked in. My good sense had not. I was hoping for more.

2. Ricci32

Ricci32

168 in a formula atlantic.

3. Jung

Jung
    from London, UK

Indicated 183 on a GSXR1000.

Somehwere over 110 in my 63 Fury, actually felt pretty good.

Somewhere over 110 in my old 70 Fury, felt absolutely trouserstainingly terrifying...:eek:

4. QuadQuad

QuadQuad

Worked for Norwood Ferrari here in the Dallas area 15 yrs ago...
    Went for a 145 ride in a twin turbo & juiced 1000hp Testarossa on the access road...all in about 8 seconds. It was in the shop due to the nitrous solenoid failure, so just ran it on turbos ;)
    NEVER been pinned so hard in my seat that I couldn't move each shift....
    Been trying to get back there ever since!
    Best is around 125 in my Cutty...Felt faster in the bucket o bolts compared to that Italian RedHead...
    -QQ

5. pcterm2

pcterm2

nothing like a lot of you
    about 140 mph TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY

6. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

"203 in a Nascar car (it was a birthday present from my wife) "

Polecat,

Before I call BS on this one, please offer a little explanation. A current full tilt cup car will just touch 200. I doubt that some one in a Petty ride around deal will be allowed to go 203. I was involved with Russ Wicks and his fastest ever NASCAR record, 244.9 at Bonneville.

DW

7. dean dephillips

dean dephillips
    from Dallas, TX

177 in a BMW 318ti that had a twin turbo M3 motor in it. I've been above the 160 mark in a couple of Porsche turbo's too. My buddy here just got a 2006 Ford GT so we'll see if I can finally bust the 200....

8. fairlaniac

fairlaniac
    from Denver, PA

133 mph in my old 1982 Mustang GT. Back in 1983 heading to Ocean City, MD I was on a long stretch of the Ocean Highway near Delaware Sea Shore State Park. It was about sunrise and the road was barren until I caught some parking lights off to the side. With help ahead I pulled over until the lights caught up. For $36.10 payable on the spot or the option of court I paid $36.10 in exact cash for a nice ticket which is framed and still hanging on my garage wall. Nothing faster since or at least I have not tried.

9. Ohiomark

Ohiomark
    from Ohio

130-140 MPH in a Pontiac Grand Prix with a 455 CI under the hood. I was
    shaking after that episode but boy what a high!

10. 55ClipperCustom

55ClipperCustom
    from Utah

125 in my Dad's 74 Chevy 1ton pick-up with 38" tires, 135 in My 98 Dodge 12valve Cummins long bed extended cab, 112 in a Yukon Denali, 140 in a '49 GMC pick up,

11. kevintothej

kevintothej
    from Arizona

183 on a Yamaha R1 motorcycle. Good times.

12. Rat Fink 1927

Rat Fink 1927

Had a 71 Buick GS with a Chevy 402 with the round speedo which stopped at 120, the needle kept going until it was pointing at the n on the shift indicator ( column shift automatic).No idea of true speed, but it was fun and definitely not safe it got a little floaty. My 63 Impala would get to an indicated 120, a couple times I got it to over 100 with the windows down and the headliner would fill with air and come down on your head like a hat.

13. the-rodster

the-rodster

In relation to what?

Right now, we're all moving along at a pretty good clip...

1,000 miles per hour in relation to the earth's axis....

66,000 miles per hour in relation to the sun.....

43,000 miles per hour in relation to other solar systems in our galaxy...

Rich

14. Baggs

Baggs

Did 167 on my old sportbike on highway 65 just north of Blaine MN. i know the speedos were off on those bikes, so im told its more like 155 or so. i will say i would never do it again. just the sight of the lane lines going by faster and faster, and getting the "tunnel" vision scared me enough to ask myself "WTF are you doing? so ill keep it under 100 from now on haha

15. drw47

drw47

113 in my ///M roadster. Somewhere just west of Ingram Tx...

16. hotdamn

hotdamn

a buddy of mine from years back had a t-bucket with a very worked small block in it. according to the stewart warner speedo I reached 140mph, then it dawned on my that this is a straight axle car with a corvair steering box with a almost vert steering column. If I hit a bump or crack in the road I was going to die...

I backed out rather quickly at that point...

disclaimer it was 4:30 am on 77 north between charlotte and huntersville and I was the only person out there so it would have been only my life endangered via my stupidity.

that speedo may have been off a little but it looked to be with in 10 or so in keeping up with traffic.

17. My bucket list as a younger person

100 mph on water, fell short by 15 mph
    200 mph on land, fell short by 36 mph
    300 mph in air, fell short by 120 mph

At my current age, I don't think any of the above is going to happen.

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wonder how many of these tales are bullshit?

you know... the older I get, the faster I was. I just turned 51, so I would like to up the speed of my 900 Ninja to 130 MPH. I believe I posted 120 earlier.

19. BEAR

BEAR

i have gone 165 on my 06 gsxr 750 this one
    [​IMG]

and 170 in my old 71 elco running a zo6 done on the highway

[​IMG]

20. dizzy66devil

dizzy66devil

I have had my 1936 Plymouth over 160 KMH or over 100 MPH as the speedo only goes to 160 and I was not really watchen it as I was passing a bunch of motorhomes and slower cars. It was a fast pass and a fast slowdown to not get caught.

21. 155 on an R1 out on a lonely road near Taft, Ca- Yamaha loaned me the bike for a media event. Jeans, helmet, and leather jacket....I should have known better...

But the best thing ever was getting a ride along in Ken Block's 500+ HP Ford Fiesta on the Gymkhana course...I DO not like rice burners but this thing was INSANE!!!

22. 125 on a Triumph Bonneville

135 in a '69 big block corvette

I was a lot younger and much more bulletproof

23. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I like the think they are all as accurate as they can be as most of our speedometers don't go high enough to be certain, I know with some of my cars I have counted the little ticks/lines that are after the highest numbers on the speedo to try to get an idea of what I am doing, but in one case I got a phone call from an RCMP I knew telling me what he thought I was doing, but he was not in a position to chase, and there were 3 identical Lincolns to mine in town, so there was no way to prove at a distance who was who because we all drove way to fast... I think I am the only one of the 3 still alive to be honest... and I learned that day that I was taking far too many risks with innocent lives, I don't really speed anymore because I once did, and I got away without any incidents and want to keep it that way.

I did get my 1926 TT up to 140KPH (87MPH) the day I pulled it out of the bush it had been in for 50 years... no lie, it was stock and had no front tires or glass... and it was on my car trailer...:D

24. yardgoat

yardgoat

I had a 77 Vett and went up to 130 ,smooth ride no problems BUT i was pushed in a grocery cart at 45 mph and scared da do out of me.I swore they were pushing me at least 80,so theres alot to be said on what your in at the time....lol................YG

25. drfreeze

drfreeze

There's just too much to list right now but i love speed......................
    i posted earlier >>>>

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  26. Well that's good, but it's NOT a rice burner ..... ;)

27. Wound it up to a-hundred-and-ten
    My speedometer said that I hit top end
    My foot was glued like lead to the floor
    That's all there is and there ain't no more

28. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

"wonder how many of these tales are bullshit?"

I would guess that anyone who has a piece of paper from the drags, Bonneville, etc. is close to the truth. The rest - no so much. See post about 203 in a cup car.

DW

29. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

218 MPH in my 77 Trans Am Nostalgia Funny car.....
    Most fun...178 MPH in my 1941 Willys AA/GS car...it was moving every way but straight and GOT MY ATTENTION...! lol

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  30. orphanautomill

orphanautomill

Hmmm, near 70 mph in my stock Hudson-

O/T cars;
    According to factory speedo - On I40 out of Wilmington,
    160 in a 540i
    140 in a Z3
    130 in a VW 16V

I'm glad the need for speed has left me, I'm OK at <80 these days