Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fast 218

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nvr2lo, Dec 28, 2005.

1. nvr2lo

nvr2lo

I got a 1950 Plymouth 218 Flatty six.I want to make it go faster .Does anyone have any info of people,or companys who make parts or old speed parts. thanks Kenny:confused:

2. Thumper

Thumper

You came to the right place. Several guys here know where you can get what you want.

3. check out www.inliners.org,
    vintagepowerwagons.com
    www.phillipsperformance.com
    p15-d24.com
    Langdon's stovebolt engine co. (cant remember web addy)

use the search function- our own Blueskies has a great website too. lots of stuff in here about flathead six Mopars, one of my favorite subjects!
    good luck!

4. nvr2lo

nvr2lo

Thanks for all the help .I love my my mopar flat six .Kenny

5. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Kenny I love my mopar 6 also. Check in to the forum at P15 D24. The site is dedicated to 46-48 Plymouths and Dodges. I believe your 50 is a P20 but you will be welcomed there as all flathead 6 enthusiats are welcomed there.
    http://www40.addr.com/~merc583/mopar/framesets/welcomeframeset.html

I have a 46 Business Coupe. It has recently aquired a 56 Plymouth 230 engine. The engine is .030 over, .050 total shaved from the head and block, an runs dual carb on a Fenton intake. Makes about 150+ HP. There are a couple guys who split intake and exhaust manifolds for flat head 6's. Charlie Ackers at www.rustyhope.com does both as well as making disc brake kits for early mopars.

George Asche is an older gentleman who does intakes and exhausts, and remanufactures carbs for the application. He doesn't have a web site, he is retired and works out of his son's auto elevtric workshop. He also sells rebuilt mopar overdrive transmissions. George is a walking encyclopedia on vintage mopar running gear. He is of the opinion your can go .070 off the head and or block and still runn regular gas, it seems these engines respond well to increased compression ratio. If you call him, plan for a bit of time, a short conversation is 45 minutes. George is available at the following;
    1693 Fertigs Road
    Venus, PA 16364
    814-354-2621

Charlie Price at www.vintagespeed.com has new offy intake manifolds in his catalog.

Hope this helps, enjou your early MOPAR.