Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Family Effort

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blackjack, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Took the body off the Modified today, will remove the engine, gearbox and running gear next weekend and it will go for blasting and epoxy priming on Monday week.

Put a call out to friends to give me a lift taking the body off the chassis. Only volunteer I had was my mate Mike, aged 75. In the end it was my wife and two daughters (aged 7 and 10) who helped me to get it done.

Onwards and upwards....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Looks great, Seeing the quality of your work in such a cramped space I will never again say I don't have enough room to work, I imagine you have carefully organized your work space. HRP

3. Normally I have the wheels off to make it easier to move around. I have 28 power sockets including two for welding. There are 3 vices, two drill presses, a mini lathe and six angle grinders plus my MIG welder and a lot of other tools.

The workshop is 11' X 20' and there is a carport that's 11' X 30'.

The UK is a small island, real estate is very expensive and I'm lucky to have the space I've got.

I have to keep everything tidy in such a tight space. Advantage is that I know where everything is.

I did have use of my wife's 5000 square foot warehouse. She was supplying Toys R Us but we lost that when they went under. Main problem with that is now I have no space to spray. I will, therefore, be using Tekaloid paint applied with a brush for this project.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    Just Gary likes this.