Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Family 1st! Time to change the easter egg for Detroit Auto-Rama!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Ron

Ron

Looks great, I really like the front end.

2. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Dang, Don. Can't wait to see it live!

3. plmczy

plmczy

Don, cars lookin good. I really like the Kosmic Khrome on the inner mouldings. What was the problem with not being able to run caps on the s-10 rims? later shawn

4. sawzall

sawzall

suddenly the grill wasnt cheap!!

I was always afraid to tweek that piece..

but I am sure glad you were able to use it.

hope to see big photos from someone at cobo..

5. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

What a difference. Great job and rescue mission.

6. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Now.... if only someone could talk Don out of his pink and purple scalloped underpants he claims to wear...........I just saw the car the other night and he is hard at work wrapping it up..........Littleman

7. Lucky77

Lucky77

As someone who isn't particularly tallented it sure is easy to spot someone who is, and Don you are one tallented guy. The car looks great, can't wait to see it next week.

8. holy huge hood ,batman!
    thar she blows
    its the great pink whale moby dick!:)

i know theres no time to do it before detroit
    but ya gotta section that hood to bring everything back into proportion.
    just my 2 cents

9. The s-10 wheels I had were directional holed wheels....so you would see the directional holes! Now I have more traditional O.E.M. styled wheels. My hands hurt again! THey were really rusty! Martin helped blast them and Curly came over and helped sand them....Curly is going in for hip surgery on monday so it was nice to get him out of the house for a while...I put 2 coats of Sandy primer on them, then had to use some ice for many of the pits. I sprayed them at S&M yesterday afternoon....got to hear Blue By You start up for the first time again, more on that later in his thread. Littleman got his truck running yesterday also, so we are winding it down and getting to the smaller tasks for Detroit.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. couple more pics, nope on the hood, too many other projects in line to keep working on this....besides, I think it looks like a full scale Murry ' sad face' pedal car!

Attached Files:

11. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

You've taken the blue to far. You've got Wide Blue Walls!!

Great looking ride, Don. Can't wait to see it this weekend!

12. What a transformation!!! I dig it!

13. Leaving in the mourning...done as it is gonna get! Here are some more pics to catch up! Baking on the paint on the wheels...New rubber for the wing windows!

Attached Files:

14. When I took off the material on the garnish mouldings, I didnt think about window fuzzies.....lucyily I had some in stock....the sun was out the other day.....

Attached Files:

15. I didnt get gaskets for the tail lights so this is what I did....an after thought was they will not be very easy to remove....but should be water tight.

Attached Files:

16. had to change the tail pipes....I traded a juke box for the exhaust bender years ago. It is awful nice to have around. On our last meeting most of us took a break from the cars and went to visit Curly in the hospital, he just got one of his hips replaced.....

Attached Files:

17. Here is another suttle change to help the interior...got it off ebay for $18! Said it was for a 62 Caddi? Was really bad. Used a sissors jack to straighten it out, then my dad filled it with bondo and painted it. It was almost a direct fit. I would have liked to get an older center, but this worked in a pinch...

Attached Files:

18. Outside for maiden voyage....pretty successful, need a hood adjustment.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 and Tim like this.
  19. One of the kids came out to help take off the blue...that stuff is thick! One more test drive. Needed to make a freeway run to check the new tires, wheels, exhaust, and headlight aim.....will be running at night on Sunday! All that is left is some more packing in the mourning then get it and on the road! Thanks for taking the time for your input and advise. See you at Detroit!

Attached Files:

20. poorboy

poorboy

looks great! i really dig the look you went with!

21. chicken coop

chicken coop
    from Sacramento

You did great things with this car good luck at Detroit. Josh

22. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Nicely done Don.

23. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Looks awesom Don! Bravo!

24. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

aww man, i just read through this whole thread at work looking over my shoulder the whole time lol. great thread, great car and an awesome transformation. ur car is timeless and classy!

25. dude,
    those really do look like chrome!
    worth every penny.

26. wow!dude
    those headlights really work well.
    the car looks awesome.
    wish i could be at detroit when you debut it.

27. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

Gorgeous!

That new steering wheel is a big improvement in my opinion.

-W

28. AD

AD

looks 10x better, good hustle good hustle

29. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Looks more like a Volvo PV544 than a custom Olds, but maybe it's just me.

30. Had a great time again this year at Detroit. Great seeing old friends and making new ones. Thanks Clark for taking us to the Henry, I spent at least and hour in the diner alone! Got some good close ups for some detail work on mine. Rudy, you really hooked up the Slick Devils, great spot, we are already planning on filling at least that much space again next year! Some pretty good hardware this year also as Eric took home best gasser with his 51 Chevy and Littleman with best hot rod. Congrats to everyone that got some very cool hardware....This event is always the catalyst for the summer car season, and its going to be a good one! No problems driving home, the weather held out and no rain. I picked a perfect year to drive a car to the autorama! Thanks again everyone!

Attached Files: