Register now to get rid of these ads!

factory 2bl for 2x3 setup?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spark, Oct 27, 2010.

1. <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Will the factory 2 barrel carbs on early sbc work for 3x2 set up.

I&#8217;m looking at building a 283, the 3x2 intake is doable but the price of the carbs is more than I can do at this stage. I was thinking of running 2 outside and blanking the center.
    Are the early chev (283) Rochester G2 the factory ones?

Would I be able to pick up 3 of these for reasonable price? I don&#8217;t mind getting one at a time. I would probably look to get them sent over as I don&#8217;t like my chances of getting them for the right price over here.

2. outagas

outagas

The factory 3X2 setups had the idle circuits blanked out and only the center carb had an idle circuit. This keeps the engine from "loading up" with too much fuel at low speed. The two outer carbs also did not have a choke, only the center carb had the choke. I have seen where they have converted stock Rochester 2 bbl 2GC carbs to tri power by removing the idle circuits and the chokes on outside carbs..
    Here's a few J-2 Olds tripower setups. notice the absence of idle jet screws on the outboard carbs and the choke on the center carb only. Most Chev, Olds, Pont tripowers were similar.

Attached Files:

3. thanks for the info, so the carbs off the early sbc 2bll motors can work and are not to hard to come by?

4. carbking

carbking