Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods f1 FRONT BRAKE QUESTION

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D.Conrad, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Can someone tell me what the difference is between Ford F1 and F 100 front brakes is?

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Backing plate is the simular but the rest is different. The hub and thus brake drum are a good half inch taller all together. ~ by taller I mean if you lay them on a table, so on the vehicle maybe wider is the better term * edit: the f1's are the wider just to be clear

I don't think the early brakes are self energizing and self adjusting but I want to say you can run up to 66 f-100 brake hardware on your f1 plates. Though it would seem like the pads would maybe be to wide to me at a glance. But it's possible that even though the f1 has a taller/wider drum that the brake shoe surface area is the same.

3. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

F1s are self energizing , either one will work just don't mix up years .

4. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah sorry I was half asleep when I replied and even though I edited it no less than three times still managed some vagueness. I think the f1 are self energizing but not self adjusting were the f100 are self energizing and self adjusting.

I do know a lot of people are running the f100 hardware on the f1 plates though if that's what you've got.

Do a search for f100 brakes there's plenty of results that talk about it and show photos. It's basically the same Info you've gotten so far but with photos added showing the difference between the plates, hubs and drums