Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Every get sick of it, or burned out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barsteel, Nov 4, 2014.

1. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've done it many times and am in a bit of a lull right now. Buster Henderson used to call his projects "mood cars". He worked on them when he was in the mood.

2. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

I'm burned out on life getting in the way of working on my cars!

3. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I'm kind of at an impass right now---what I used to do in an hour now takes all day. I get under the dash of the '40 and I can't see with or without my glasses. If I CAN see, I usually have brought the wrong tools. Getting old sux!!

4. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Get a little burned out now and then--just back away for a day or two--at my age it also takes a little longer to do things but being retired I'm not in a rush. BUT just helped a friend wire/ac etc a 37 woody and did 74 hrs in 8 days--that was a little much but the timeline was short.

5. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's the cool part , you can close the garage door and your cars never bitch for your time and attention..Most people only appreciate the finished product......that's what makes us so different,,,,were creative..that means a lot......take a break....enjoy the fact you are a creative individual......

6. wvenfield

wvenfield

I recently started a new build thread after having let the car sit for nearly two years. This time it's going to (hopefully) be the way I want it.