Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever have buyers remorse and try to make the seller give your money back?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Edelbroke, May 1, 2012.

1. 1928chevycoupe

1928chevycoupe

The project car I'm working on now (28 chevy) I bought off ebay a couple months ago, sight unseen. I bid $735 and won.
    When my wife and I drove 4 hours and pulled up to the car, it was much worse than I thought (not worse than described, because there was no description - smart move by the seller - just worse than I thought it would be).

I thought long and hard about offering them $100 to cancel the deal, but I man'd-up and paid for it and towed it home.

I will get this beast on the road, but I bit off a big project, not to mention the WOOD replacement!

Bottom line - everything that is not photographed you can be sure there was a reason it wasnt!

2. jazzbum

jazzbum

you said it yourself, you're not a dealer and he is. caveat emptor. i'd tell him to take a walk.

3. Zerk

Zerk

:mad:I'm itching to say something here, but it wouldn't serve the purpose of this thread:mad:

4. jazzbum

jazzbum

agreed.

6. Once sold a guy a decent '54 331 Hemi motor. Three weeks later he's pissed off and complaining because it won't turn over. He'd left it sit in his driveway on the ground uncovered all this time, it got rained on and was probably full of water. Was going to sue us and all this but nothing came of it. As-is usually covers it.

The last one I sold I gave the guy a reciept that said outright it was sold as-is, needed total restoration, had known damage to various things, and may have more damage than is known to the seller. I did that because it was so rotty there was a chance it was going to break right in half by the time it got to whereever it was going, and the buyer was a total dick to deal with from day one. Haven't heard a word about it since - bought this computer with part of the money.

Honestly think I will add that line to all future reciepts, to the effect that the vehicle is presented honestly to the seller's knowledge but as it's a used and very old vehicle and there could be problems not readily visible and not known to the seller.

7. outlaw256

outlaw256

i just sold a 56 wagon with no front clip and was in the middle of a 4dr to a 2 dr conversion needing everything done to it but the really hard work was done. and there was nothing that come with it.when the buyer called i tried to talk him out of it. hell he sent his son with a roll back and cash. they didnt even look it over.a week later sold a kid and his wife a 63 fairlane body needed everything but the body was good. some spots in the floor and one around back window. again told him if he couldnt weld i would prefer to sell it to someone who could. bang he shows up with a trailer and couldnt get him to go over the car with me. he just paid me and left with the car! takes all kinds of people to run this crazy ass world. sounds like you got you a good and crazy one. do what the guys are telling you and you will be fine.

8. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

I had an ad on craigslist selling a couple of cheap mountain bikes. This clown comes over to the house to take a look. He looks them over for at least an hour.rides them around the block,they had hardley been used [you know,gonna get some exersise]. trys so sell me an ad in some magazine, then argues with me for at least an hour, finally ,he wears me out. I give him both bikes for 50 bucks just to get rid of him and the bikes. this wasted probably 3 hrs of my life. about an hour after he left,I get a call.Clarabell says"One of the bikes was a 24" so I want $10.00 back" i don't say anything I just start laughing hystericly. He finely hangs up never to hear from him again.