Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eureka-area Garage Hunt

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Humboldt Cat, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Anyone know of those in the Eureka/Arcata area looking for a garage to rent? I finally found one, a wide 'n tall 3-car garage for $200/mo., and am looking to for someone to share the rent with, basically.
    Am putting an ad in the paper, but wanted to ask HAMB'ers first. I'll have some pics tomorrow.

2. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Just got some pics of it today, haven't been able to look inside, yet.
    It's behind a small house, rented out seperately. Sons of the folks that live there were present, I explained I was looking for a second or third person to share it with, to foot the rent, and one of the guys said he'd put in half to keep his '69 Dodge truck there, so I may go that way. Am definitely thinking of going for it. It'd be great to have dry roof over it, again, not be dependant on good weather anymore.
    Purple, how long will Lura be in town?

Attached Files:

3. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

The digi's not the greatest, as you can tell. It's hard framing everything into the shot. The garage is quite long, a wood rack is attached behind it. Side entry is on the right-hand side. One 2-car wide door, one 1-car wide.
    It's fine if no one here knows of anyone in the area interested (except for Purple [​IMG] ), just psyched about the prospect of it.
    Have any of you rented a shop or garage with a stranger, and was it a mistake, or good experience? Just worried about theft, mostly.

Attached Files:

4. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

I'll be back tomorrow to get better shots. [​IMG]

5. purple

purple

<font color="purple"> Lura will be there till T-day, then go back after the holiday.

I don't think the 3 hour drive 1 way will work for me, guess I'll keep my stuff here. [​IMG] </font>

6. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Can't blame a guy for tryin'. [​IMG] But see if you ever find any more Datsuns... hee heh Dang, sounds like Lura and I might miss each other, I'll be in RedNeck for T-day, then back for Work th following Saturday.
    Gonna look more into this tomorrow, let you know how it is inside. If I can manage to snag it first...
    The other thing I realized is it could be the perfect meeting place for HAMB'ers en route to home or events on either end of the coast. I wanted to do that earlier this year, but no way my stuffy townhouse assoc. would go for that (so it woulda been held at the Fox 29 parking lot) (which could still rock).