Register now to get rid of these ads!

Englishtown Swap-thumbs up!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by don-vee, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Wow, I was really surprised, but this had to be the best Englishtown Swap I have attended in the last 10 or so years. The place was jam-packed, even on Sunday. Got tons of awesome scores, even with the total lack of Mopar stuff. Anyone who says the swap meet is dying may have been right a few years ago, but I think it's bouncing back, and this weekend was definite proof of that, in my opinion. The only real bad thing, I left my wedding ring on the sink of the men's bathroom at the White Castle on Rt.9, so that's long gone. But, I have a car full of parts to comfort me slightly.

2. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

This was the first time I attended the Englishtown meet. Over all I was pretty impressed. I didnt find much old Ford stuff, but oh well I will save my money for this weekend at Carlisle.

There was one guy selling vintage speed equiptment but he was very over priced.(He was also kinda an assH#@!)

3. teddyp

teddyp

yeah it was the best in along time still a lot of junk but much better then the last few years

4. Yeah, but how many bicycles do you really need?? :rolleyes:

5. impalabuilder

impalabuilder
    from NJ

yup, thank feebay for jacking up listing fees and requiring paypal. I'm happy. I haven't been to Englishtown in about 5 years because I was sick of looking through clothes and arts and crafts. We got a few good scores and I left my jacket in the other car at home and had a hard time finding a jacket for sale...:D

got into a short little scuffle with a crotchety old man selling shrink tubes too! Good times!

6. Yup, thanks to ebay's ridiculous policy changes, I stopped listing on there. I take all my stuff to the swap, post it on craigslist, or list it on the HAMB.

7. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I haven't been to the Etown swap since Fall 01, but I agree I've been ditching ebay in favor of classifieds since thier new policy changes with fees.