Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Enginetech parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Truckdoctor Andy, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Has anyone used the Enginetech brand of parts? How did the quality look? I’m getting ready to rebuild a small block Chevrolet for my truck and found Enginetech on Rockauto. Their kits are about $150 less than Northern Auto, but I have no experience with Enginetech. It’s going to be a stock rebuild, but I will hammer on it from time to time. Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

If this is the same Enginetech made in Brazil that I was a warehouse for back in the 1980's, their product is exceptional for the price. Their pistons in sets if I remember correctly were within .0004" of each other and weights were extremely close but I'm forgetting the tolerance. Pin fits were exceptional. Their bearings were excellent. This company had some German roots if I remember correctly and were also OEM to Cummins in Brazil.

Truckdoctor Andy likes this.
  3. I haven't used them personally but they have very good reviews. A friend uses their stuff in their stock builds and has had excellent results.

4. samurai mike

samurai mike

I bought rod and main bearings from napa this summer and they were enginetech.

5. dogwalkin

dogwalkin
    from tn

I've used there parts including cam and lifters with no problems at all.

Sent from my VS990 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. the 283 in my `36 was rebuilt with enginetech parts , about 8500 miles on it and so far all is good

7. Thanks so much for all of your help. The H.A.M.B. rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

8. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

We always Used them for building off topic Japanese motors in the early 90's at my old shop. Worked well, priced good. Of course things could have changed