Register now to get rid of these ads!

engine value?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 12packo94s, Sep 19, 2003.

1. 12packo94s

12packo94s

Well for the next project i am actually gonna stray from my traditional sbc i have access to 2 engines and i'm prolly gonna buy them both just to have
    just curious as to what you guy think would be appropriate value

the 1st is a 392 hemi,,,,,,very very complete i mean this thing still has the fan belts on it, but it has sat in a barn since the early early 70's so total rebuild in order

the 2nd is a 425 nailhead in running condition appears to be very complete as well, i however did not get to hear this run before it was pulled

both of these are very complate and BONE stock, and either way both will prolly end up with the 6x2 treatment!!!!!!

12pack

2. TV

TV

The Hemi is a core charge $375 to $400.and change. The nail head is running so it would $500 to $550.that said these are so cal prices I'm not sure about other parts of the country,and how much you want them?--TV [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. FEDER

FEDER

Up here in Wahington a COMPLETE Hemi is worth 1,200 for any standard 4 bbl motor.If it has adjustable rockers more. Dual 4s more,and if its a A-1 block std bore -more. If it were Me Ide go for the Hemi cause I think they are the cooolest lookin motor of them all.Also the stock cranks in them are steel with factory ground fillets.Probably the best ever factory produced crankshaft in a mass produced engine.The stock rods are also VERY strong. Many early Top Fuel Dragsters used A-1 blocks stock rods and cranks with blowers and nitro! With a good rebuild they make long lasting trouble free POWER-----FEDER