Register now to get rid of these ads!

el cheapo panhard?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DetroitBilt50, Aug 14, 2006.

1. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

well, ive had enough of my new cokers being "frame sanded" :eek: in the rear . i dont really have the materials or the right tools to make a panhard bar, so is speedway problobly the cheapest way to go. i have a four bar so i thought id be ok, but im not . i need a panhard

2. LOTS of stuff in the junkyard with panhard bars. Take a tape measure! you'll need it!

3. RATCAMINO

RATCAMINO

what moparsled said all the gm cars with coils had them

4. ray

ray
    from colorado

if you have a triangulated 4 bar, you're likely to run into some problems of the panhard bar working aganst the 4 bar setup. if it's limited in travel, it may work okay. but what moparsled said, hit the boneyard. or else the cheapest way to do it with all new stuff is to get some bushings and matching tube from suicidedoors.com, a lenght of 3/4-1" tube and weld one up yourself and fab the brackets from plate.

5. brandon

brandon

not all the coil spring stuff.....the a & g body stuff is triagulated.....the big body stuff from the late 50's and 60's have one......look into the late 90's buicks and such .....and some of the front wheel drive stuff.....brandon

6. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

Thanks Guys. I Tend To Forget About Later Model Stuff.