Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edelbrock water pump seals help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by X38, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Can't seem to find anywhere on line that sells water pump seals. I've got a SBF pump that is all good but there's evidence of weeping from the vent hole, so I'd rather replace the seals than buy a whole new pump. Any clues? No I haven't called Edelbrock yet.

2. I got one for my SBC from e-bay. There were several listings and most were from companys that specialized in that kind of stuff. If you contacted them they might have a kit for your pump. I got a complete rebuild, new bearing, seal, impeller, and shaft.

3. Assuming you can get the pump disassembled, you should be able to cross-reference the seal numbers at any bearing distributor. Our local reference books are world-wide, so to speak, and I've been able to get American numbers for British, German, & Italian stuff. Some seal numbers are worldwide anyway.

Edelbrock does, or did, rebuild their pumps, but the shipping to them & back would probably exceed the cost of a new pump for you.

4. Thanks, I'll push it apart and see what I can see.