Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Edelbrock SP 2P intake questions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vetteman61, Nov 14, 2020.

1. Vetteman61

Vetteman61
    from Tennessee

Does anyone know if the old Edelbrock SP 2P intake is a spreadbore or squarebore and if it only fits with the points distributor or if it will work with a stock-style HEI distributor?

Thanks

2. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

For what it may be worth...
    I'd move away from that manifold, unless you are putting it on a motorhome. It's a very low rpm power manifold.

Mike

Oldb, dirty old man and chevy57dude like this.
  3. Spreadbore and the hole is the same for both distributors (as the lock hole also). They also have the hole in the front for a oil fill tube and smaller runners.

chevy57dude likes this.
  4. Either will work as stated. SP2P was a gas mileage enhancer intake. A turd on the performance scale.

Oldb and Deuces like this.

5. Deuces

Deuces

Yep! A turd it is.....

chevy57dude likes this.
  6. They're great for low-end torque and will help with gas mileage, but NOT a performance manifold.

7. scrappybunch

scrappybunch
    from nj

I had one back in '80 on my '79 K20 pickup. Cleared the HEI just fine. Did not see much change in gas mileage, still around the stock 7 or so with the factory Q-jet. What it did do, is loose power over the factory cast iron. Ended up selling the truck after only 3 yrs. Whole truck was a turd.

8. Budget36

Budget36

Used one on a 283 in a pickup, pulled the iron intake off, bolted it in it’s place. Better throttle response, “felt” better. Never looked at mileage at the time.
    Not a performance intake by any means, but the truck like it better when hauling the horse trailer