Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Edelbrock slingshot

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WTF really, Nov 21, 2017.

1. WTF really

WTF really

Dis they have a mcculloch supercharger next to it for $50.00? Lol I wasn't buying parts back then but that probably was a lot for one back then.

2. 31pickemup

31pickemup

I have one as well. Original with no number just scatched up from use. Smoother finish just a rougher casting that i've seen. I think its a earlier one. I've heard 100 made but i've also heard 250
    6EE40EA7-FFED-4228-BBEE-A03A88BF5145.jpeg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    knucklepower and Jet96 like this.
  3. IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0297.JPG Hot Rod mag did a intake manifold shoot out using a big inch Flatmotor base and the Edelbrock slingshot performed quite well. It was 18 h.p. higher than the gorgeous hi rise Thickstun(the hi rise Thickstun was a very poor performer. My Henry 1932 cabriolet hiboy runs 80mph in the 1/8 mile drags using the Slingshot!

Jet96 and WTF really like this.
  4. WTF really

WTF really

Very nice ride you have there. I believe we are up to 12 owned by people on here now.

5. Bursonaw

Bursonaw

Flatheadjohn47,

Could you please post a picture of your throttle linkage. I’ve been working on my setup and trying to use an original throttle linkage. Any pictures would help.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. I know, old thread, but that looks like a progressive linkage you're using. Does the slingshot 'stack' blend the carb inputs into a single plane?

7. gtopillado

gtopillado

What air cleaner is that? Really like it. I as well have an original Slingshot.

8. Bursonaw

Bursonaw

I purchased the air cleaner of someone from this site. It had no markings and looked to be an early 50’s casting that was not finished. I had to do some fabrication to get it to work for my application. I have seen them with Eddy Meyer and other logos on them and at one point the Early Ford Store had reproductions for sale. I am not sure if they are still available. O’Brien Truckers also has a similar version but it looks like it is set up for a single 4 barrel. https://www.obrientruckers.com/air-cleaner-teardrop-finned-with-external-element.html

Hope this helps you.

gtopillado likes this.