Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edelbrock Flathead help identify

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodHighley, Aug 24, 2011.

1. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

I picked this single head up over the past weekend. The guy swears the other one is in the garage somewhere. I haven't found it yet. Someone has welded the water inlet shut and put two holes at the end of the head into the water jacket. Anyone ever seen this done? Maybe in a boat? some kind of race car? Not sure, thought it was neat and the price was right.

Attached Files:

2. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

btt

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  3. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

btt for the weekend crowd

4. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

Probably someones heater hoses but then the top is welded shut? I dont know what to say.

5. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd like to know about this too, The plug welded in the top looks well (professionally) done; that usually isn't the case with hack jobs. I think you're right about racing/marine. I hope he finds the other head.

As an aside, I found a brand new left hand side '49-'53 Edelbrock head at a swap meet once long ago, which I bought for $20. I placed an ad in Hemmings for a matching head, and I'll be damned if I didn't get not 1, but 3 responses. Two were for used heads that I passed on, while one was a matching new right side head. I was able to buy his head for $80. A set of new Edelbrock heads for $100.:) This was about 20 years ago.