Register now to get rid of these ads!

edelbrock 1406 A/F mixture screw?

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by jan bogert, Jul 3, 2013.

1. jan bogert

jan bogert

the passenger side of carb. A/F mxture screw, I can turn all the way in and it doesn' t do anything. the drivers side I can adjust, all suggestions welcome.:confused:

2. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I suggest to post this on the main board.

3. jan bogert

jan bogert

sorry guys, I don't know how to get this off of this board. I hit the wrong one. i'm sorry. JAN

4. carbking

carbking

Carter had an issue with ham-fisted "mechanics" turning the idle mixture control screw in and over-tightening, thus splitting the casting. This renders the adjustment screw useless on the side in question.

The clone castings, due to the change in how the castings are made (vacuum as opposed to the originals using pressure), have less strength than the original Carters.

Some previous owner may have damaged the casting.

Easy to check, although it does mean removing the carb. Simply turn the carb upside down (watch for gasoline), and inspect the lower idle port on the side giving problems.

Jon.