Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eddie's 31 A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eddie's chop shop, Jan 4, 2007.

1. bat890man

bat890man
    from upstate NY

Great job, a true craftsman, enjoyed following your build.

2. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Well is it still good for the suede pavilion?

3. damnfingers

damnfingers

Wow....continuing to admire your work...it's awesome.

4. 34dodgehemi

34dodgehemi

Nice work.... Very quality..... I am gettin ready to start my frame. I am planning to drill mine as well, probobly only the front though.... Any tips anything that might make my life easier??

5. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

I don't know if your tapering your frame rails or not, but what I did was make a 1/4 mdf template for both the front and back frame rails. Then clamped it on and used it as a guide for the plasma. Its much quicker than drilling with a hole saw especially if you are using multiple size holes. Take your time with the plasma though cuzz if you get crazy the welding and grinding in the sleeves will take forever!!!

6. 34dodgehemi

34dodgehemi

As of now I'm not planning on sleeving the holes. I am going to flare the holes though. Since im only drillin the front i think ill end up using a mill to drill em out. Thank god I don't have as many holes do cut as you did....Thanks...

7. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

couple updates

dropped body @ blaster monday morning and I will get it back on Friday. Kinda funny the body will fit in the back of my truck with the tailgate up and hardly be higher than the cab of the truck.
    [​IMG]

8. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Chassis is almost as far as I can get it untill the body goes back on. Tonight I ran fuel lines, regulator and pump. Didn't get a photo of all the lines, but it will be nearly invisble with the body on only being able to see the lines right behind the blower
    [​IMG]

9. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

I should be able to run all wiring etc. and leave everything long so once the body goes on I will be able to pull it into the cab and hopefully have the car running again within a week of having the body back on. Still thrashing hoping to have it done for autorama although I don't know if I even got in or not yet.

10. the cars looking great .

11. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

Who cares if you copy someone else? ME? I've been scouring (sp) the Forums for couple/three months now, gleaning all the info and saving all the pictures that I can. I may never use any of it, but chances are I'll use a lot of it, or closely modified. WHY? Because I'm not good at thinking outside the box! Does that make me not so good a hot rodder, or less a builder? Like you've said, if it works, use it. GREAT BUILD, GREAT TEXT. Awesome CAR. Keep up the good work! perley oldrodder43

12. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Thanks for the encouragement I post here as much for my own motivation as well as for sharing my own screw ups, successes, for the use of others. There are plenty of original ideas on this car that I take credit for so I have no problem giving the credit for frame to Littleman. I think when the car is done this time, the frame will get alot less notice in person simply because you can see much of it with the new motor nad a decklid, as well as all the rest of the shit in the back of the car.

I think the thing that will be the most unique on this car will be the upholstery I am doing. I have NEVER seen it done before. I am sure that someone has done it, but I haven't seen it. And I doubt that many will copy it considering that I will have close to 300 hours labor in the leather work when it is done.

13. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

Good and innovative work, but i must admitt, the more this threat has progressed the less i liked the direction the style of the car went, almost looks like something built on monster garage.

14. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project at the Autorama, if you get in. Although we won't be there as a club, I'll be going just to see all the cars.

I think it looks sweet.

15. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

I actually take this as a compliment. I always enjoy different stuff, there are always enough of the same old thing lined up.

I realize that the direction of this car has left it and me as orphans, not belonging to any one "style". Its probably got just enough to interest most and just enough for them all to say there was something they would have done different.

16. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Hello Bruce,

I got a message the other day saying it was a go. Don't know if this is good or bad yet. I am not sure that it is Suede pavillion material at this point, but as I pointed out to another comment, it really doesn't fall into a very specific class anymore.....

We'll see you there.

17. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

sneak peak interior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Hey..Put it where ever you want..
    Duane..

19. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

20. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

It Runs!! again!! It is a little deafining at the moment gotta get those baffles done.... I took a video, but my camera doesn't have sound ( i didn't know this)..

21. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

Looks like a quality build, I don't expect lack of horsepower will be an issue, will it!

22. Joe Daddy

Joe Daddy

Pure motivation, awesome work

23. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

24. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

If it is it will be time for the donovan alluminum 572!!!!

25. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Hey Bruce, I am bummed you guys aren't going to be there "in force" this year. I was looking forward to it. TJ came by today to talk to me about striping it up, It won't be totally done by autorama but closer than I expected. Driveable anyway!!

26. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

A bunch of us will go to the show either Saturdau or Sunday or both, so I'll catch up with you then.

I do expect to see it at Midnight Mass though, as I'm sure a lot of guys would.

27. Hey man love the car, im hoping my build will turnout as mean. Could you tell me your wheelbase? im deciding on one for mine and im asking around. Cheers

28. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

I'll check it and let you know. When building the frame I measured a sbc added room for a fan and radiator to fit behind the front crossmember and went with it. This was before deciding to put the radiator in back. It worked out good because with the new motor and belt drive hanging out its a good fit and "looks" right to me.

29. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Eddie..First, thanks for the tour, it was great. I do appreciate the time you gave me..I will see you when I'm ready..
    I saw the coupe people and it is AWESOME..I would be proud..
    Thanks
    Duane.

30. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

No problem Duane, thought I might see you today since it was nice out. Thanks for the compliment.