Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eddie Van Halen to auction off two 56 chevys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.coupe, Jan 12, 2009.

1. B.coupe

B.coupe
    from Mile High

A pair of Chevrolet classics from the personal collection of Eddie Van Halen will be sold at No Reserve during the 38th Annual Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction in Scottsdale, Arizona, January 11th - 18th, 2009.

The 1956 Chevy 210 (Lot #1259) and 1956 Chevy Nomad (Lot #1259.1) will each be auctioned with matching, one-of-a-kind EVH Brand “Wolfgang” guitars and a pair of red, white, and black EVH striped sneakers.

Hailed as “The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™,” the Scottsdale auction and lifestyle event will feature a diverse mix of the world’s most desirable collector vehicles. Speed will broadcast nearly 40 hours of live, high-definition coverage of all six auction days.

“Rock ‘n’ roll and collector cars go hand in hand,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “And Eddie’s cars, although from the same year, represent the diversity of the collector car hobby. The Nomad is restored to original specifications while the 210 is a custom built street rod with modern performance gear. I expect these cars to enter special collections that salute both rock ‘n’ roll and automobiles.”

The maroon 1956 Chevrolet 210 is a Pro Street hot rod built by customizer Jim Van Gordon. The car features a powerful 454 c.i.d. big block Chevy engine that pumps out more than 600 horsepower, making it suitable for the drag strip while still street legal. Additional high lights include a narrowed 9-inch Ford rear end with Detroit Locker, Mark Williams axles, 4.30 gears, 4-link coil-over suspension, disc brakes, and custom wheels and tires. Racing gauges and a dark grey color scheme underline the interior of the 210."

Van Halen’s 1956 Chevrolet Nomad station wagon sports a classic “Cashmere Blue” and white paint scheme and was once part of the famed “The Harrah Collection” in Reno, Nev. The car underwent a frame-off restoration and features a 265 c.i.d., 210 horsepower “Power Pack” V8 engine, power steering and power brakes. An upgrade to disc brakes was added for improved stopping and safer driving."

"Out of all the cars I have owned over the years, I hung onto the ‘56 Sedan and Nomad because I was closely involved in restoring and building them, so they are very special to me," explained Van Halen. "I almost hate to let them go, but I don’t have the time to drive them. It kills me to see them sit there when someone else could be driving them and have the pleasure and joy of owning these beautiful classic cars.”

"Since they are so dear to me, I thought I would make it even more special by having two custom made Wolfgang guitars built to match each car,” Van Halen added. “I hope the new owners enjoy these cars as much as I have and keep the guitars and cars in their families for a long time, because they are all one-of-a-kind.”

In 2007, Eddie, president of ELVH INC, partnered with Fender Musical Instrument Corporation to launch EVH Brand guitars, amps and musical products. A limited run of Van Halen FrankensteinTM replica guitars were introduced in addition to the EVH 5150III TM amplifier line and EVH guitar accessories. In January, Eddie will launch an all new Wolfgang guitar. More information on the EVH Brand is available at www.evhgear.com.

The Van Halen cars and guitars will be joined by the world’s most desirable collector vehicles and automobilia to be sold at the historic Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale auction. Lifestyle attractions will also return to Barrett-Jackson in January in the form of luxury vendors, galas and fashion shows. Barrett-Jackson’s trendy night-spot, “The Garage,” will be the site of exclusive gatherings throughout th e event.

Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Barrett-Jackson specializes in providing products and services to classic and collector car owners, astute collectors and automotive enthusiasts around the world. The company produces the “World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™” in Scottsdale, Palm Beach, Fla. and Las Vegas. For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit www.barrett-jackson.com.

2. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

That's cool. His comment about not driving the and wanting someone else driving them instead of sitting...I doubt that.

On a side note, I am interested in how the prices fall this year. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there with stupid money still.

3. Glen

Glen

Some have suggested that there is abnormal amount of really nice vehicles this year at the Russo Steele auction across the highway. They allow reserve pricing.

Glen

4. Kerry67

Kerry67

I went to the ICA auction in Gilbert Arizona this weekend and while there were not too many nice cars, I watched the auction for about an hour or longer and they had two cars meet reserve. A decent 54 Pontiac Chieftain sold for $4200 and a POS old 195? International pick up sold for $1000. Nothing else even came close while I was there. Including a 1995 Lebaron Convertable that I would not have paid a grand for if I need a daily driver (it was a "future collectable" according to the auctioneer"). All these auctions that have reserves, usually they are too high and the cars don't sell. I know someone who is running a 1970 Hemi-Cuda at Russo Steele this year and I think this is his 3rd or 4th year of running through there and it never makes his reserve. Why the keep running it through ???? I think it might if he would roll the dice and put it through Barrett-Jackson.

5. just looked at the list of cars a the russo auction,,seems like some kool rods rollin over the block there.......might check it out while we are up there to p/u the motor for my friends 64 el camino

6. phukinartie

phukinartie

WE will be back to the H.A.M.B after these commercial messages stay tuned !!!

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

better get his money now!

'cause it sure isnt what he would have gotten for them like 2 years ago

8. barney rubble

barney rubble

Although I watch a lot of it I almost hate Barrett-Jackson. Everbody that has a old piece crap laying around now thinks they have a $100,000.00 car.:mad::mad::mad:

9. Yeah that!

10. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

bingo!!!!!

11. And THANK YOU...GREG JACKSON...for all of this thinking bastard!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009
  12. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

would like to see the cars. having a hard time getting my brothers to sell.

13. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

14. I couldn't agree more. Barrett-Jackson type auctions have helped put cars out of reach of the true car lovers and put them in the hands of the multi-millionaire, designer velour work-out suit wearing yuppies that run around giving each other "high-fives" for bidding the ridiculous price they just bid on a "max wedge" they know nothing about.
    That's not to say there aren't a lot of millionares that aren't real car people, because there are many. And we have them to thank for all of the cars they saved that many of us might not have been financially able to do so.
    Also, the ridiculously high prices paid in recent years on B/J has almost assured that some of these cars will never see the street again. They have achieved an almost fine art-like, untouchable-celebrity status due to the absurd prices and circus-like hupla that is a part of these auctions.
    That's the way I see it, but it's just my opinion.

15. dbradley

dbradley

I've gone several times (when I lived in Tempe). Great collection of trophy wives/girlfriends and a few pretty nice cars, all overpriced. I quit going when they went on local TV and said they didn't care if the local public came or not, they just make the traffic worse............ OBTW, its CRAIG Jackson, not Greg.

16. No pictures ??