Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Econoline Madness Who's got one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kornfedlifer, Apr 25, 2007.

1. crook

crook
    from Winder,Ga

Had three, sold the two with windows, still have the go-kart thief lookin' solid panel van. Got to get started on it... thinkin' gasser look... already got the straight axle and I got 5" blocks and u-bolts ready to go......dig them econolines.

2. erock805

erock805

Sure, it's really more than a four link in front. Its more like a 6 link, In fact, its almost sub framed. I will be posting lottsa pics and a story on how we did it just as soon as its finished. Wanna make sure it all works good before I start spitten out too much. We should be about done on Sunday if we get really moving. The drivers side bag is in place, (the hard side, lottsa going on there) and all the parts are made for the passenger side, just need to weld them up. So, hopefully by monday night the I will be able to move the front up and down.

3. hippie6

hippie6

I pass one for sale every day on my way into work. If anybody wants me to get more info PM me and I'll find more out.

4. Clark Kustoms

Clark Kustoms
    from las vegas

VW ragtop, 20'' & 18'' rims.

Attached Files:

droppedstepside likes this.
  5. erock805

erock805

Man that thing is cool! what engine?

6. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I picked this one up a few months ago. The front had been smacked pretty hard. It has some rust down low on the side that needs replacing. Also, I hate the stock tailgate so I'm gonna make my own. I'll post a tech on it cause I know that tailgates are a common problem on Econoline pickups.

7. erock805

erock805

I cant wait for that article Chaz! Mines all bent up and I cant find a better one.

8. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

This was built by an old guy in Hamilton that used to be a Chrysler engineer. Not to my taste but he did nice work. Mid engine if I remeber from when I saw it. He also built a complete motor home that sits in front of the Miracle of Amerca museum in Polson. When my brother took me to se this guys stuff a couple yrs before he died, it was amazing, every time he opend a shed or van there were more cool cars. unfortunately everything was sold off after he died

9. Fredo

Fredo
    from So Cal

Man oh Man Econolines give me wood. Here's what I'm working on.
    63 PU 3 window, factory utility box. Pulled the 260 and 2 speed ford-o-matic last week droping in the 302 C4 this weekend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I just posted a tech on the rebuiling of the tailgate on my econoline if any of you are interested

11. rev106

rev106

Cool utility box add on, never seen that before.

12. Fredo

Fredo
    from So Cal

It was a factory option. I dig it, though it has too many small compartments to be too useful so I have to do some "alterations" with my cutting tourch.

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I want one too.............
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Doc.

14. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Doc please do that bottom drawing, but as an econoline pickup, yours has given me ideas for a shell I have.

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK, what motor? In the back or out front?

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No stupid question, out front! Just what motor and any particulars you want.
    Doc.

17. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

any motor 302 is what i have , but how about sliding the body back a bit, where the rear tire will start to use the fenderwell in the door

18. coldcrank383

coldcrank383
    from Seattle

Sir, I enjoy pictures of my fellows' progress as much as anyone else, but I do have one burgeoning curiosity to impose upon you. What do you intend to use the firetruck-style side compartments for? Furthermore, what are those exposed ducts below the deck in the center console? Your own take on the stock ducts? Just curious.

19. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Cold crank, I haven't seen one with the boxes in years. I almost bought one in Arizona 25 years ago. If I remember there were many built that way, is there a tag on the boxes, who built them?

20. rev106

rev106

I'll need to do the V8 swap sooner or later, the 250 s-6 is a dog.

21. rev106

rev106

Also, very few of these look good chopped. Seen lots of chopped vans and "vucks" and they for the most part look like hell. Just my opinion, your car, do what you like.

22. Fredo

Fredo
    from So Cal

Cold Crank. The Side box was/is a factory option. I guess the original owner needed it. The exposed ducts are on a after market heater from Summit. They are actualy rotating vents. Looks like ass right now, nowhere near being done. It will get the same paint as the rest of the truck and hopefuly just blend in. Factory heaters for that truck wern't worth shit and damn hard to find in working order. So I made the new tower with the heater and radio. here's a mock up of the tower.

[​IMG]

23. erock805

erock805

Damn Fredo...ur busY!!!!!

24. Clark Kustoms

Clark Kustoms
    from las vegas

I like these vans alot . Have tons of ideas for these...

Attached Files:

25. 62goldenrodvan

62goldenrodvan
    from so cal

Erock805,

Your econoline looks real good,
    I would like to see some pics of the
    suspension too when you get time.
    I need to do some thing about the altitude on my clubwagon.:eek:

Thanks,
    Kevin.

26. 62goldenrodvan

62goldenrodvan
    from so cal

If you have a 200,240,250 six and want to rebuild it, go to classic inlines.com, they have all the trick stuff you need to make that six fly. :cool:

27. BClark281

BClark281

Here's mine. I picked it up for $700 a couple of weeks ago. Don't really have any major plans for it, maybe lower it and some different wheels and tires, but basically just drive it. I dig it, it's ugly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also have this that fits in the back.....

[​IMG]

28. Tig Welder

Tig Welder
    from Eastern Wa

Early Hemi Fan, howabout candyapple red? That suckers' cool!!

29. Hellfish

Hellfish

Nice and solid BC! FYI, they don't make rubber seals for those pop out wondows anymore, so be careful if you have to remove them!

30. classicfins

classicfins

Here's a cool one I spotted at the Pomona swap meet last Feb.

Attached Files: