Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Didn't get a chance to meet you but I did buy the 3 tees like I said I would from a very nice lady running your booth space. I guess I helped the cause. Saw P-wood rolling them tires and said it looked like he found a piece to the puzzle.

2. I'm know my dad Harold Voelker (chubbo) owned the chassis for a bit and then sold it to and it was bought back to Pete from Craig Wise (CW's40tpu)

3. Spork!

Spork!

Dang, I can't believe I missed the whole shirt ordering deal and didn't get to see you at the show.

Can we still get shirts? I'll even come pick them up in this (photos from the swap meet)!

Attached Files:

4. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Animal: Nobody wasted my time. That was one of the main reasons for being there. It was great to meet everyone.
    Curbspeed: I'll be Tucson in August. If you have the time, I would like to come to your shop.
    Johnyeyeball: I finally met Craig Wise in person. He did us a big favor selling the chassis back to us.
    Spork:Shirts are $15.00 each and $5.00 to ship each. You can pay through paypal to my email adress: [email protected] or send a check to:Rick Barakat
    700 Braewood Drive
    Bradbury, CA 91008
    By the way, the "very nice lady" is my wife.

5. Hey Rick, read this for their adventure http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=600584
    came by but you weren't at the booth.- Oh well, I'm sure I'll run into you somewhere else.

6. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Thanks for the info. Those kids are great. I left them a post.
    Sorry I missed you at LARS. I think I'll expose the family to the Bakersfield Hot Rod Reunion in October. Hope to see you there.

7. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Here are pictures of the right frame rail and 4-bar off the sedan. It's amazing that none of the welds broke. Jake has had these all this time to prove the quality of Pete and Jake's suspension parts. He delivered them to me at LARS. I wish he had kept the chrome polished!

Attached Files:

8. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Also, check out how the shock mount bent. It is supposed to be straight.

9. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Here are the unmolested halibrand wheels for the sedan. I will be facing off both sides of the spindle mount wheels to create the wheels that were on the sedan.

Attached Files:

10. bpaul34

bpaul34
    BANNED
    from Bucyrus KS

We it is obvious how the car influenced me! I saw the car in Pete & Jakes catalog going sideways doing a burnout at the strip and said now thats a hotrod! Pure and simple!!!

11. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Hey..I have to let you know that there are some great guys out there helping us out with the sedan. BenD from T and A Transport (he does car hauling and is an Alliance member) gave us a set of the correct spindles we were looking for and Jim "Jake" Jacobs helped us out with one of his alternator mounting kits. Thanks!

12. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

More great news! Jerry and Jason Slover of Pete & Jake's have offered to supply us with their quality parts during the reassembly of the chassis. After 30 years, Pete and Jake's is still the industry leader. Made in America! I love that phrase!

13. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Great news!

Is it done yet?

14. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Still gathering parts. We like to have everything before we assemble. We will start the trial assembly in about two weeks. Then we will get the exhaust made. We are having a hard time finding a header builder.

15. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Rick, It was a pleasure meeting you and Pete and I'm honored to help with part of this build. Can't wait to see this thing come to life as I rank that sedan in my Top 5 Hot Rods of All-Time.

16. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Rick, what type of headers are you looking for? I would be happy to help out but you probably don't want the haul the car 600 miles!

17. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Dale:
    600 hundred miles to see your smiling face....just like a walk in the park!

18. Rick-
    See if Jim Jacobs will build them. He's an extremely good fabricator, and has built some beautiful headers in the past. If not, PM me. There are some talented guys up here in the desert that could help you out. One of the guys is the guy that did all the tig work on my rear suspension. Check out the '55 truck in my photo album if you want to see his quality.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/album.php?albumid=22703

What style of header are you thinking? What material?

19. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Thanks for the suggestion. Jake is a personal friend of mine and I know he has to many projects going on right now. I am checking out some other leads and if they don't work out, I will contact you. We are doing 4 tube, steel, under the chassis headers.
    Thanks again,
    Rick

20. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I just received an issue of New Zealand Hot Rod Magazine from Greg Stokes. They sure put out a nice publication. I had no idea of the quantity and quality of cars they have. If you have the chance, check them out.

21. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I just got off the phone with Pete. We must be living right. A guy he knows came over to his house to see if he knew anyone looking for a pair of rear halibrands. They are the same as what was on the sedan and only one bolt pattern also. This must be what it feels like to hit the lottery!

22. Hey Rick, thanks man - glad you like the magazine. Keep up the good work with the project - I wish I lived closer to the action!
    Thanks,
    Greg Stokes
    [email protected]

23. Rick, thank you again for the shirt. The first one he sent got lost between CA an Arkansas. Rick was kind enough to send another and I appreciate it very much.
    Thank you!!!

24. MadJack68

MadJack68

I hope you get to bring the sedan to the Indy area. I'd love to see it in person!

25. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

FYI- Pat Moran AKA Patrick2965 on the hamb will be doing the driveshaft for the sedan.
    He said he will post and explain it as he does it. Good knowledge for all of us.
    Thanks Pat!
    Rick

26. Done deal sometime soon. Ask how to measure when the time is right.
    Thank you Rick.

27. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I can't quite figure out why some of my pictures post and most don't. Any help would be appreciated. Also, The wood is coming out of the body this weekend and going to be dipped on Monday. I am looking forward to watching/helping Pete chop the top. Probably more watching than helping. I need to get this picture thing figured out so I can post as we go.

28. Rick, you might need to hop something like Photobucket, Fotki, whatever and play the hokey pokey to send it to the little yellow square that looks like a mountain.
    Maybe we need to name it Mt. Hokey Pokey. That's what it takes to make it work, so maybe that's what it's all about.
    I'm not the computer guy. I clean my hands before I poke around on a keyboard.
    Ask Hotrodladycruiser if she can explain how or find the post that helped me post my pics.
    Trust me, you will not be successful at trying to click and drag directly to here from your computer.

29. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

ask again.

30. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Nine inch:
    Check out posts #79 and #117. That should tell you the history of the car and chassis.
    Rick