Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. OK here's a some photos of the Sedan from today, the guys have really been working steady to get this project finished for the Hot Rod meet.

2. Photo album from the original build.
    The body is painted and the doors are being lettered this week, the body will go on the chassis tomorrow.
    Stay tuned......more photos tomorrow...............cw.

Attached Files:

3. Wow, the '32 is looking great! It has come a long way in a very short period.

As far as your comment about thanking us for keeping you motivated: This car has been good for us all. For you (and Pete), it's bringing back something that was a huge part of your past. For the rest of us, it's also a huge part of our past as well, even though it may have only been viewed in a magazine or seen at a car show. Even back in the early '80s, the car was groundbreaking because it proved that guys that didn't need to have to break the bank to build a cool hot rod.

4. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

As soon as I got home the phone rang and I hopped back in the truck and headed back to Pasadena. Why you ask? I have only one comment.
    WE'RE BAAAAACK!

Attached Files:

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

6. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Status Report 3/17/13:

Let two guys with cameras and too much time on their hands into your shop and look what happens !! Here are a few more shots to complement CW's40TPU (Craig's) excellent photos. People pictured are Pete, Rick, Craig & Mike (Snotrocket on the HAMB). Lots of work was accomplished over the weekend. Just today, body insulator tape cut to fit, alternator brackets fine-tuned and alternator installed, exhaust system installed, front spreader bar bolted up, hoses fitted and many other details taken care of.

Group 1 of 2:

Attached Files:

7. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Photo Group 2:

Big day for the E & B sedan tomorrow ... pictures to follow.

Attached Files:

8. Looking great guys! Dennis & Debbie Kyle flew into NZ this morning and just showed them the photos - they are very impressed! In response to the comment above WE'RE BAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES INDEED you guys are and on behalf of all of us on the HAMB and around the world THANKS for bringing this car back!

9. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Looks great! Keep that ball Rollin!

10. alchemy

alchemy

The old pics show a Superbell and disk brakes? Now you have an I-beam and '48 brakes?

11. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Those photo books are from Joey and are a compilation of all the rebuilds his car has had and not just the original chassis. In the thread it explains the 3 accidents his car has had. Each time he changed or added different components.

12. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

The Eastwood & Barakat '32 was a Hot Rod Magazine (Nov. 1982) cover car with a 3 page feature which shows the build details. No discs or Superbell then or now.

Attached Files:

13. tinmann

tinmann

So glad to see it all coming together. The door lettering is awesome!! Down to the little details. Congrats, Rick.

14. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

15. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

I had a feeling those scrap book pictures of Joey's roadster rebuild, might confuse some people.
    Thanks Bill, for setting the record straight .

Pete Eastwood

16. OOOOPS........SORRY guys for the confusion.
    I'll stick with the car photos only in the future.
    Craig

17. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

I must confess that all this Hot Rod building is new to me, however out of this build I have had the pleasure of becoming friends of Rick and his wife. It has inspired me to build my own Hot Rod starting with a 30 Model A. But in all the pictures I have seen, nothing brought back memories of my youth as the recent picture posted by CW's40TPU showing the "jeepers creepers" creeper, now that brought back some memories. Looking good Rick and Pete!

18. alchemy

alchemy

OK, the axle and brakes are correct, but I'd bet the overall detailing is way nicer this time around. :)

19. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

As it was the first time, none of the paint has been color sanded or rubbed out. Those of you that know Pete, you know that his attention to detail has always been extraordinary!

20. I think that the front brake drums look awesome, and the rest ain't half bad! ;-)

21. bowtie40

bowtie40

Hey hotroddin, you build some shirts and I'm sure that us old Blairs customers would buy em' so whaddya say? bowtie40

22. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Thanks for the updates on the sedan. I can't wait until this weekend to see it in person. I never saw the first one in person. Keep pushing.

23. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Rick, where is the body going to be put on, at your place or petes? If at petes what is the location,and what time is start time?

24. Tio Geo

Tio Geo

WOW..Looks great! You guys are on FIRE!!

25. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

What an incredible day! Body is on. Gas tank is in. Throttle linage is finished. Coil is mounted. Rear spreader is in. Dash is in. And much more.

We had lots of help today. Sheriff John, Merciless Mings, Eric Vaughn, and billsill45.
    Thanks guys!!!!!

After a hard days work, we went for some Mexican food and a little refreshment. I'm back at my shop now preparing for tomorrow. It should be another banner day.

Bill will probably be posting pictures in the next half hour.

Again, what a great day!

26. billsill45 - It's been a half hour! :rolleyes: ... eagerly awaiting your pics! :D

27. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Rick, Pete and the rest of the guys mentioned in Rick's post above really hit it hard today, as the pictures show. Most of the "heavy lifting" is done, now the attention is on all the details that make an outstanding car. Note: the grill shell is for mockup purposes and is not the one to be used one the finished product.

This has been a great learning opportunity for me, watching Rick, Pete and the others demonstrate what years of experience means when re-creating an iconic hot rod like the E & B '32.

Thanks for the fine dinner and enjoyable conversation.

Attached Files: