Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

see you on saturday!

2. Man, I would love to pitch in but I have been working almost every day since October, including weekends and holidays. It looks like I'm going to be doing the same until March.

I'd rather be working on a cool car than beating my head against the stuff I'm working on right now. Building a very complicated airplane for a very demanding military customer is not fun and games, that's for sure.

Sorry, Rick....

3. What time do you open the shop?

4. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

RICK, may I be excused , cannot get a reasonable priced flight ..Have fun guys....

5. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Geez Jack.
    Between you and Greg Stokes from New Zealand, I'm getting pretty tired of the distance excuse. Man up. Had you left yesterday and driven straight through, you could have had dinner with us tomorrow. Dutch treat of course unless I could stick you with the bill. Heck, for a free meal I'll even come see you!:D

Now for Mr. Stokes. I guess I should have known you are not a strong swimmer by the fact that you never even went close to my pool when you were over. I guess you get a pass this time.

For the rest of the REAL people:D, I will be starting at 8.

6. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Fuzzy, Malcolm and Bill Showed up bright and early today and did a great job.
    Just before lunch Craig Wise (CW'40TPU) showed up and helped out quite a bit. As you may remember Craig was the "caretaker" of the chassis for the last 25 years.

We had lunch with Eric Vaughn, Pete, Tom Vandenberg and a few other guys. I mentioned to Eric that everything was prepped except the hood. Hint Hint.

Anyway, thanks guys for all the help. I wouldn't have gotten this much done without you.

Rick

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Wish I could have been there! Hell, if I'd get off my ass and get my Plymouth back up and rolling I'd be back in the long - distance cruise mode.

8. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

You're certainly welcome, the pleasure was all mine. It was great to meet you, Fuzzy and Malcolm and to help out with the '32. Call me if I can help as you begin the reassembly process.

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

damn...no pics...mumble, mumble...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. Good luck with those hints Rick. They roll off Eric like water off a duck. ;)

11. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Glad I could help and also to meet a great group of guys. When you get it primered give a shout out and I'll help with the blocking to get that thing in paint ASAP!

12. Rick
    It was an honor to help. I am more than willing to help with reassembly when needed. I can do wiring, Alignment and all forms of assembly.
    Also will work for T shirts!!!
    Fuzzy

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  13. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I'm sorry you guys were so efficient in the morning(No I'm not). Pete stopped by after you left to meet you and work some of his hammer and dolly magic on the sedan. I still learn from him after all these years.

I also made the mistake of not getting a picture of you guys working on the sedan. By the way, next time you come, you have no excuse for not wearing the correct "work shirt".

14. haha - not sure if you noticed but I am not exactly streamlined for long distance swimming :D

15. Hey Rick, THANKS for lunch and the laughs yesterday, you have some very talented & funny friends. The Sedan body & the Eastwood chop job look GREAT.
    Hope to do it again soon,
    cw.

16. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

Rick, I was wearing the "correct" work shirt saturday you just couldn't see it under the sweatshirt I was wearing 'cause I get cold easier at my advanced age!

17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

still contiuing to mumble...

18. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

3wLarry-
    I've just "hired" a new photographer. CW's40TPU has decided to pick up the photo slack.

I hope it's not to appease you only. If you continue to tease about my lack of pictures, I'll start teasing you about your spelling:D

19. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

As this gets closer my offer still stands. Heck if you want drive over I'll do the deal overnight AND put ya up for the night!

21. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Rick-
    Just post some pics of someone elses car. Larry wouldn't know the difference anyway!!! ;)

22. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Steve-
    Great idea! I can always count on you for good, old fashioned common sense.
    Rick

23. OK Rick what is the next step??

24. captmullette

captmullette

ever............

25. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Craig (CW's40TPU) is coming over tomorrow to shoot some pics before I prime. If he doesn't get them posted tomorrow, I'll post his phone number so you guys can call him and gripe.:D I am off the hook for now!

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That's called "passin' the buck"...

27. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Rick...I don't care what all these guys say about you. You are good in my book!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

28. LOL......thanks a lot Rick.......I'm on my way.......8:08am Sat..........

29. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...:p

30. jmikee

jmikee
    from washington

Thank you 3w you are not alone in wanting to see more pics.