Register now to get rid of these ads!

East Coast "Drag Showdown"...when??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Spike!

Spike!

Mid September is The Hoe Down.
    Usually the next week is the Greaseball.
    We also have to take into consideration the dates that the track isn't booked. Larry is going to get that info on Saturday.

Spike

2. lulabelle

lulabelle

Lets do it this week!

3. 46mopar

46mopar

Heres the link to Beaver Springs http://www.beaversprings.com/ I haven't raced there but I hear good things about the track. I don't care when we do it getting to the drags is more fun then most shows. Just prey for no rain on what ever date you get because the track officials won't let us play on the Beaver if its to wet.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

No matter what date is choosen, you'll ALWAYS have the chance of rain. It rained halfway thru the HAMB Drags YET it was still the most AWESOME weekend. Yeah, it'd be a bummer if it rained BUT not the end of the world.

The thought of the drive from Detroit to the Dragstrip, thru the Smokey Mountains that time of the year, really gets me excited. I vote for the end of Sept just for the scenery alone.:cool:

5. oldsman32

oldsman32

Larry,
    The "drag showdown" idea sounds pretty cool. Figured I'll give you a "heads-up" that the Magnetos Car Club is having their 3rd annual Hotrod Thrill Show on June 16th, 2007. We had roughly 250 rods show up in 2006, and pics from the 2nd annual show can be viewed at: www.themagnetos.com . Let us know when you lock in a date for the drags!

6. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

I agree, gas is cheaper, and the cooler weather and the denser intake charge that accompanies it will have the flathead powered cars running at least mid 8's ;)

7. oldsman32

oldsman32

Larry,
    The "Drag Showdown" sounds pretty cool. Figured I'll give you a "heads-up" that the Magnetos are having their 3rd annual Hotrod Thrill Show on June 16th, 2007. We had 250 rods show up this year, and pics from the 2nd Thrill Show can be seen on our web site: www.themagnetos.com. Let us know when you lock in a date for the drags!

8. fatabone

fatabone

Drag Race? My inflatable sheep can beat Fatty Patty anyday!

HeHe...He said Beaver

Plowboy dresses in Drag...I don't like to admit it but he had some cone shaped pointy titties.:eek:

9. Man this sounds awesome. What kinda rules apply to the cars? Full NHRA or just general safety? Where is this strip too? Never heard of it...
    -Dean

10. arkracing

arkracing

PA -

http://www.beaversprings.com/

11. cadzilla

cadzilla

how far is beaver springs from the show down ?? whent this year to the york nostalga drag thing and met you springs would be perfect . time wise . kind of busy in august and september . but earlyer would be great .

12. September 15th or 22nd??? It's after Cumberland and pigeon Forge and before Charlotte.....

13. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

14. Built2Ride

Built2Ride

I say go toe to toe with a "club" event. they'll change their schedule the following year. the showdown rules all.:D

15. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

East Coast Showdown I'll be there. Set it up...........