Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Early Hemi Dimensions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TRENDZ, Aug 25, 2019.

1. TRENDZ

TRENDZ

Does anyone out there have deck dimensions for an early Chrysler hemi?
    Im trying to make an o ring cutting jig, and honing plate. Drawings are fine, I can also read dxf.
    Thanks!

2. 73RR

73RR

O-ring says blower with some serious boost.
    Honing plate says serious $$$ investment.
    Care to share the plans for the project?

3. TRENDZ

TRENDZ

Somewhat new to the early hemi game. I was willed a basket case 241 with a lot of performance work/ parts a few years back. Finally decided to get it back together and found that some of the things I wanted to do with it (cam, lifters etc) were to difficult to get done without knowing the right people. Decided to forge ahead anyway. Designed a billet cam and came up with a lifter solution, only to find a fault with the block that meant finding a replacement.
    While looking for a block, I found a 331 basket case here locally for less than anyone was asking for a replacement 241/270/315 block.

The Chrysler engines offer much more aftermarket support and greater power potential. Ordering cam/ lifters is easy. You don’t have to know a guy who knows a guy, etc...

Anyway, I’ve had a lot of fast modern stuff, and have been a part of many builds. I always had a love for the old stuff. Now I’m doing it.
    Want to build a blown e85 streetable nostalgia drag car. Thinking a drag week type build with no real intention of doing drag week.

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  4. sunbeam

sunbeam

Buy a head gasket

Budget36 likes this.

5. TRENDZ

TRENDZ

Already did. Wont be here till after the 5th. Hoping to do this over these weekends.

6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I would have thought the Dodge 241 and the Chrysler 331 used the same lifters. Unless you want rollers.

7. TRENDZ

TRENDZ

Yes rollers. The 241 is a low deck. I actually do have an ancient roller cam and lifters for it, but not suited for what I want to do. The lifters I have are 2pc with a guide retainer. I wanted to go with a more modern lifter. The issue is, with a low deck block, the lifter bore is so close to the deck (deck overhangs the lifter bores) that a riveted tie bar lifter can’t be put in the engine. Each lifter needs to be installed individually through holes in the deck.

8. TRENDZ

TRENDZ

6A19B94E-4126-4155-99A3-C116FB36882E.jpeg Here is what Im talking about...