Register now to get rid of these ads!

Early Halibrand QC opinions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2muchstuff, Jan 21, 2006.

1. 2muchstuff

2muchstuff
    from Eastern KS

Today I brought home a 31 A tudor sedan. Nice build, needs a few finishing touches but will drive down the road now. This car has an early Culver City Halibrand V8 rear (its using '40 V8 axles & tubes). I really think this QC needs to find a new home under my 30 roadster. The sedan will be sold soon. I'm trying to decide if it's worth my time to swap rear ends before we sell the tudor.

How many guys out there are running the early Halibrands on the street with flatty power? Any issues?

What are these rears worth right now? I can't find enough info on these early ones to even guess. There don't seem to be many around - at least here. I need to make a fair deal to my partner if I keep the rear.

Can you still get the QC gears for this unit?

2. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

There's one on the Bay right now for $1,500, one sold last month for $1,700 on the Bay, not sure they are accurate prices but that's what they go for on auctions. I bought a Culver Champ complete recently for $800.

3. 2muchstuff

2muchstuff
    from Eastern KS

Surely someone out in hamb land is running a QC with a flatty. Any issues? Are the QC gears still available for the early halibrand?

Here's a couple pics.

4. DUAL 4S

DUAL 4S

Gears lots of them around. If you want sell it put first on the list.

Tom

5. lakes modified

lakes modified
    Member Emeritus

I'm running one in my flathead powered dry lakes modified on the street and have no issues. They even sound neat going down the road. A friend of mine is putting one in his flathead powered 32 3w and he is looking forward to the fun of running one. Gears are still available new and used.

6. robster

robster

Mines the same as yours - I got new gears just a few weeks ago from Speedway Mtrs $69. Make sure they know you have an early Halibrand when ordering.