Register now to get rid of these ads!

early Ford hub cap fitment question.......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choprods, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Will any other caps fit on a set of 48 ford stock wheels?I was thinking of the '40 caps in particular.....also are they the same fit for several years-or interchangeable?that is my question.....I tried these 48 FORD caps onto my 16"X6"WIDE 47 Lincoln wheels -and they DO fit them....Thanks in advance!

2. Kaucher

Kaucher

Check me on this but I believe the Ford's steel wheels from '40 to '48 are the same basic stamping. I know that Ford's '49-'56 15" are the same for sure. It makes sense that they would have done the same thing from '40-'48, since the wheel change over from 16" to 15" happened in 1949 KK

3. yes...40-48 should all fit....and f-1 and f-100 up to 56

i have `40 ford deluxe caps on real 16" `40 lincoln wheels on the car in this picture. they would not snap on because of the differences in how the cap attaches bewtween ford and lincoln wheels.....the old ford wheel has four little bumps on the inside and the linciln wheel has 5 spring clips. i modified the ford caps by bending the inner lip in 5 places to match up with the spring clips....they then snapped right on and have stayed on for 2500 miles