Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Eagle Field drags, first drive in a borrowed FED!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AstroZombie, Oct 11, 2011.

1. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

So, awhile back my finances went into the hole, and I had to do what no hot rodder ever wants to do. I had to sell my beloved Model A to get ahead of things and make sure my family was taken care of. Doing the right thing feels good, but it's still a bummer. Well, it hit me hard, but I kept trudging along.

I have volunteered at Eagle Field drags at all but the first event and have met many great people. Rocky (Toymaker) Said, "I know you're down, how 'bout you take one of my cars down the strip." Well, my wife, kids, and I enjoyed the event as usual and towards the end of the day, Rocky had his son, Lee give me a crash course.... No pun intended!

I wanted to publicly thank Rocky for lifting my spirits and giving me a thrill that topped pretty much everything I've ever done. Also, post a few pics... Since, who doesn't like photos?! Finances aside, family and good friends is the key to happiness. Nothing else matters. From the bottom of my heart buddy. Thank you for a day I'll never forget.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And the cheesiest damn smile, you'll ever see!
    [​IMG]

2. rick finch

rick finch

Oh-oh.....you're hooked dude! You'll never put the genie back in the bottle...:D Kudos to Rocky, good on you man.:cool:

3. Rocky and Lee done it again!!

4. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Oh yeah, you're right!!! I didn't want to shut her down!!

They sure did Carl!! All day I meant to come by and say hello to you, but never got the chance. You and Tim running together was the cats meow! I was the guy at the end of the track standing round with my teeth in my mouth :rolleyes::D

5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Your welcome my friend, who knows what's instore for ya in 2012:D

6. Toymaker, my hats off to ya.Very cool that you did that for AstroZombie

7. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

You know I'm countin' the days!! Now, if I can only talk Taryn into letting me turn her Plymouth into a drag car.... :eek:

8. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Almost that time again!!! I still don't have a car of my own, but that fire hasn't gone out.... You may have created a monster!

9. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

You shouldn't thank Rocky, He has given you a taste of a drug that has no cure:eek: you are now a Dragsterholic:D Tim Jones