Register now to get rid of these ads!

EAGLE FIELD Drag Race & Car Show Dos Palos CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Toymaker, Mar 29, 2009.

1. I just bought two tickets... please keep me posted! I can't wait to run there!

Sam

2. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I'll have a car on display in front of the hanger at this weekends Eagle Field Fly-In, a booth if you will. There is no admission fee if you would like to check out some WWII aircraft and meet Heroes who flew them. Go to eaglefield.net for directions, see ya there. Rocky

3. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

This is starting to sound really cool Rocky. If there's anything I can do to help please let me know. I've been working out of town so I been lacking in my ticket sales but I'll get on it in the coming weeks.

P.S. Emilio says hi.

4. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Sounds good Rocky,it's really coming together.

5. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thanks guys, we are making progress.
    The schedule for this weekends Fly-In is as follows.
    Saturday the hanger opens at 3pm with ceremonies, dinner (75.00 a person at the door) and dance to follow.
    Sunday there is a breakfast at 8 to 10 with airplanes doing fly-bys until noon I'm told.
    Sunday I'm told looks to be the best day to check out the planes for free, The breakfast is only 15.00 a person if your hungry.

6. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

The Fly-In was a success and met alot of people who are excited about the event. Royal Shifter loaned me the Salinas Dragster which was a hit, Thanks Skip. Neglected Steel came by and picked up some tickets, your support is appreciated Kleet. With the Fly-in behind us it is time to start working with the owner of Eagle Field on the issues of holding a Drag Race on the landing strip. Everyone at Eagle Field is supportive of the Drag Race idea, it is up to us now to make it happen. This is a perfect oppurtunity to pull this off, lets not let it slip away, we can do this $10 at a time. Raffle tickets are available, can be paid for with PayPal and I will send the tickets to you. Rocky
    [​IMG]

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Dammmm what a cool photo.

8. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

Your welcome Rocky, the fly in was great

[​IMG]

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Holy shit another great photo.

10. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Cool photo Kleet, Barry got a little heat for that photo oppurtunity:D The airplane guys are Hot Rodders at heart!

11. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

Thanks Royal and Rocky, here is one more

[​IMG]

12. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

13. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I'm tryin', I'm tryin'! Just stop pointing that thing at me!

14. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

LOL, Thanks for the bumb Katuna. After a busy few weeks that included the birth of our beautiful new Granddaughter, Molly, its time to get after this project again. I'll be in Los Banos Tuesday the 7th to meet with the Rod Runner Car club to drum up some support. Then on Sunday the 12th we will have the HA/GR on display @ the West Side Auto Club's Linguica Run in Gustine Ca. I'll finish out the month of July with a trip to Antioch for the "Nite of HOT Rods". If you would like to have a HAMB friendly Drag Race and car show stop by and support the cause with a 10$ raffle donation. Or you can purchase your raffle ticket by sending a paypal payment to [email protected] . Rocky

15. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

Hey Rocky, I have a question, does Barry with that T-6 Texan plane live around here? I was thinking it would be cool if people attending the show with their cars could take pictures with, plus maybe help raise a little extra money, like 5 bucks to pull up and take pictures. Just a idea
    -Kleet

16. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Hell, I'd go for that ......

17. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Barry lives in Livermore I believe. I love to have barry do a fly-by during the National Anthem. I haven't seen that for a few years, gives me goose bumps thinking about it!

18. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I presented the Hot Rod Gathering to the Los Banos Rodrunners tonight and had a great responce. Any other valley car clubs interested in getting involved? I'd be happy to attend a meeting. Rocky

19. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

20. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Dayum Rocky.......

I may be old, but I'm slow too. That said, our check is in the mail, or at least going out tomorrow.:p

Better late than not at all.

21. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Now where've I heard that before ............ :rolleyes:

:D

22. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thanks Tom, I hope the HA/GR is done by October. I'm waiting on our insurance quote to see how much the Drag Race is gonna cost us and will be at the Linquica Run Car Show in Gustine this weekend to hopefully close the $$$ gap. Rocky

23. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

Hey Rocky, you oughta post short accounts of some of your promotional gigs on the "Shameless" HA/GR thread. Maybe get some others into the mood?

24. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

What do you guys think of mini bike drags?

25. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Well unfortunately I can't make Antioch this weekend as traveling funds are low. I have been invited to join the Inliners group, 1st and Gettysberg tomorrow nite @ 5pm. I'll take the HAMB dragster, unload it and try to get some local interest in the Hot Rod Gathering.

26. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I think mini bikes would be a blast if they're real, original B&S powered bikes.

27. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

I agree Katuna, lawn mower engined, old school, pull start mini bikes. I went to the Chubby's car show last night and met some old friends and made some new ones, amazing the people with history in our own backyards. So far I've got some real good responce and support from people and clubs. I'm in a holding pattern until the insurance co. gets me a quote, then we move forward. Rocky

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  28. Muttley

Muttley

How was the turnout? I was going to drop by but it was just too hot out. I went last week and some guy stopped me and asked about the Dougnut Meet & Eagle Field.

29. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

It was HOT, and a light turnout but I met with the Inliner Club and saw Bill (who I haven't seen in over 15 yrs) and met Loretta Greene. Sold some more tickets to a HAMB member (Thanks again Paul) so it was good times for the wife and I.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  30. This sounds like a really neat event. I'm glad you pursued this. I hope I can make it back to CA for this event.

Ryan, Eagle Field Family Member