Register now to get rid of these ads!

eab widebelt swap question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnnyboy, Oct 29, 2007.

1. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

i was tooling around getting things ready to swap my 8ba widebelt goodies on my eab engine. i got down to the crank pulley and noticed that the crank pulley on the 8ba has a longer shaft. the 8ba pulley actually goes into the block through a seal as where the eab pulley stops at the face of the block.
    i figured someone else has run acrossed this issue since the 4 blade fan is a hot item. any suggestions on what to do? cut down the 8ba pulley? is there another pulley out there that fits correctly? anyone???

2. Vergil

Vergil

3. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

i see what you're saying, but i guess i explained it wrong.my widebelt pulley on my 8ba has a 3 1/4 in. length that slides onto the crank on the 8ba. it goes about an inch into the block. the wide pulley is made of stamped metal i suppose.
    the crank pulley on my eab has a length of about 2 1/4 in. length and stops at the face of the block. the pulley is made of cast, and has alot of rough file like marks on the back.
    i'm looking to put my 8ba crank pulley on my eab block so i can run the wide belts, and 4 blade fan. plus the water pumps work well. is this a matter of changing the crank seal to a rope seal or something? can i find a widebelt pulley that will just slip on??

4. johnnyboy

johnnyboy

should i go and ask the wizard himself?

5. HHRdave

HHRdave
    BANNED
    from So Cal

Call Mike at H&H flatheads